Revised Student Reporting Procedure PIAA

Forums for the least discussed sports at this time.
Rumorman78
Freshman
Freshman

Revised Student Reporting Procedure PIAA

Post by Rumorman78 »

FYI The PIAA at their meeting on 9/13, made a change on how schools will be reporting their student numbers, starting 2024. The change in reporting students, comes from the elimination of a ten percent rule, that has been in place for students who did not attend the traditional high school format for the majority of the day. They will no longer take ten percent of the students going to vo-tech,cyber charter and home school students and then add that back to their total enrollment, which gave then their enrollment number. Now it will be just the straight number. Some of members on the PIAA Executive Comm. feel this new reporting system will have biggest affect on the smaller schools, because they were the ones that benefited from the ten percent rule. The reason being they had the most going to vo-tech and etc. Many felt with the change to 6 classifications already shrinking the total of 1A schools, it remains to be seen how many schools will remain 1A, until new enrollment numbers are given are given for 2024. I thought I would post this, in case some forum posters had been aware of the change.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Revised Student Reporting Procedure PIAA

Post by Manfred »

This will likely kick FH into 4A, as they are the largest of the GJA Vo-Tech student body, plus the cyber and home schoolers. I don't have real time numbers, just my speculation.
It ain't over until it's over.
District5Fan
Freshman
Freshman

Re: Revised Student Reporting Procedure PIAA

Post by District5Fan »

This will definitely make the numbers more accurate. Whether a student goes to go-tech or is in cyber, the district has to pay for that student, so they might as well count the student.