Rivalry Week in the LHAC

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Safetyblitz
Sophomore
Sophomore

Re: Rivalry Week in the LHAC

Post by Safetyblitz »

District5Fan wrote: September 21st, 2023, 4:28 pm
Manfred wrote: September 21st, 2023, 8:25 am The one that "crushed" FH was the one FH gave 5 turnovers to.
Turnovers typically don’t happen by magic. The other team generally has something to do with them.
Correct d5 fan! Pc having 5 takeaways was part of the “crushing “!!
BisonLegend68
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by BisonLegend68 »

Manfred wrote: September 21st, 2023, 8:25 am The one that "crushed" FH was the one FH gave 5 turnovers to.
Gave 5 turnovers away. The days of FH being a football power is well over or Bailey would still be there. The cupboard is empty
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

BisonLegend68 wrote: September 21st, 2023, 10:20 pm
Gave 5 turnovers away. The days of FH being a football power is well over or Bailey would still be there. The cupboard is empty
Absolutely no team, anywhere, stays on the top of the pile every year. Even the ones who recruit. "The Don" had a couple losing seasons on the way to that 375 wins. The cupboard is far from empty. Every school, I repeat, every, school goes through winning and losing cycles. How many years has it been since Johnstown even won 1 game? They used to churn out potent D1 athletes every year. Richland could not beat Don in the 90's, now they are the local top dogs. It takes more than a decent to good coach to win games, if you don't have the horses you can't compete.
It ain't over until it's over.
Safetyblitz
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by Safetyblitz »

Manfred wrote: September 22nd, 2023, 8:26 am
Absolutely no team, anywhere, stays on the top of the pile every year. Even the ones who recruit. "The Don" had a couple losing seasons on the way to that 375 wins. The cupboard is far from empty. Every school, I repeat, every, school goes through winning and losing cycles. How many years has it been since Johnstown even won 1 game? They used to churn out potent D1 athletes every year. Richland could not beat Don in the 90's, now they are the local top dogs. It takes more than a decent to good coach to win games, if you don't have the horses you can't compete.
That is why bison said the cupboard is empty!! Your words “don’t have the horses to compete”. I think you are agreeing with him correct?
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Safetyblitz wrote: September 22nd, 2023, 10:58 am

That is why bison said the cupboard is empty!! Your words “don’t have the horses to compete”. I think you are agreeing with him correct?
I guess you are looking for an argument. You took a quote out of context. It referred to down years, and it happens to every team. Even yours. FWIW, the FH JV and Middle School teams are pretty decent this year, so no. "the cupboard isn't empty'.
Safetyblitz
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by Safetyblitz »

Manfred wrote: September 22nd, 2023, 12:09 pm
Safetyblitz wrote: September 22nd, 2023, 10:58 am

I guess you are looking for an argument. You took a quote out of context. It referred to down years, and it happens to every team. Even yours. FWIW, the FH JV and Middle School teams are pretty decent this year, so no. "the cupboard isn't empty'.
Wow manfred your defensive today. By the way “FWIW”johnstowns 2nd grade gym class looks pretty promising this year maybe there on the way back up also !!lol
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

They'll be even better after the next crop from Philly arrives.
Safetyblitz
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by Safetyblitz »

Manfred wrote: September 22nd, 2023, 1:00 pm They'll be even better after the next crop from Philly arrives.
Lol!!
EnzoLigoniere
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by EnzoLigoniere »

Maybe FH should have hired Joe Carpenter since he is winning with the same kids at the junior high level.

Per Manfred
Congrats to FH Jr. Hi Coach Joe Carpenter on reaching the milestone of 200 wins. When you consider the Jr. Hi teams only play an 9 game (or less some years) schedule, with no extra playoff games, thats a lot of winning seasons.
Safetyblitz
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by Safetyblitz »

Sorry manfred this board has been dead I think trying to get your goat maybe just a effort to get things a little more lively around here? Maybe we can pile on mccort- Carroll next for the excellent recruitment they have done for old time sake since they are off to such a great start.