2023 LHAC Football

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Goldeneagles12
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: 2023 LHAC Football

Post by Goldeneagles12 »

CCDevil2012 wrote: October 14th, 2023, 10:19 am
Goldeneagles12 wrote: October 14th, 2023, 9:42 am To send a positive to CCDevil. Central Cambrias field is nice. I could go there to watch a game anytime. Very nice facility overall.
Appreciate it! We host a playoff game or 2 every year and I agree it’s fun to watch even when it’s not CC.
Got to give them credit. I enjoyed the venue very much. Out of the schools that have gotten new fields lately that is my favorite. Bellefonte and Philipsburg the fields are nice but I hate the one side of bleachers.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

In a perfect world the LHAC would be a twelve team league: Bedford, Chestnut Ridge, Somerset, Richland, Johnstown, Bishop McCort, Westmont, Forest Hills, Central Cambria, Penn Cambria, Cambria Heights and Ligonier Valley.
Safetyblitz
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by Safetyblitz »

CCDevil2012 wrote: October 14th, 2023, 11:32 am
Safetyblitz wrote: October 14th, 2023, 10:59 am
CCDevil2012 wrote: October 13th, 2023, 11:29 pm Congrats on your victory vs 0-7 Conemaugh Township. You’re well on your way to a D6 title
I think Northern Cambria won a D6 championship out of the lowly heritage recently. How many has CC won recently? But at least CC was prepared for the playoffs with there tough schedule, now if they could just make the playoffs.
Thank you for making my point!! Yes, Northern Cambria won D6 in 2022, thanks in part to BG being forced to play AA.

Would Northern Cambria even have made playoffs last year if they had to play Bedford, Chestnut Ridge, BG, Central, Penn Cambria, and Richland in the regular season? Because those were 6 of the 7 losses CC had last year.

I guess my issue is I wish playoff seeding took into account strength of schedule more than it does.
You made my point CH, NC, PM etc. are playing where they fit size wise!! Maybe CC should consider going where they can be more competitive? If you consider strength of schedule who would have made single A playoffs last year that didn’t already?
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

Perhaps it’s less relevant now with the co-ops and BG being forced to play up a classification. But it affects LHAC teams every year. For instance, are Richland and United really the same caliber of team this year? Are Bald Eagle and River Valley the same? I guess we will find out in 3 weeks.
reugenev
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by reugenev »

Richland and Bald Eagle by 35, no one is arguing which league is tougher.
Safetyblitz
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by Safetyblitz »

CCDevil2012 wrote: October 14th, 2023, 7:01 pm Perhaps it’s less relevant now with the co-ops and BG being forced to play up a classification. But it affects LHAC teams every year. For instance, are Richland and United really the same caliber of team this year? Are Bald Eagle and River Valley the same? I guess we will find out in 3 weeks.
So you think River Valley and United would be better off taking a beating in the lhac then being competitive in in the heritage?
Safetyblitz
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by Safetyblitz »

Maybe we will find out if your theory works if the McHuskies make the single A playoffs!
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

Safetyblitz wrote: October 14th, 2023, 9:16 pm
CCDevil2012 wrote: October 14th, 2023, 7:01 pm Perhaps it’s less relevant now with the co-ops and BG being forced to play up a classification. But it affects LHAC teams every year. For instance, are Richland and United really the same caliber of team this year? Are Bald Eagle and River Valley the same? I guess we will find out in 3 weeks.
So you think River Valley and United would be better off taking a beating in the lhac then being competitive in in the heritage?
Again, that’s the question at hand. Is it better to go 10-0 in the regular season just to be throttled in the playoffs, or to be 5-5 and not make playoffs, or is there no difference
Colonel Mustard
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Colonel Mustard »

Here's my 2 cents on this if anyone cares. Why do we totally dismiss winning a conference championship? Conference realignment has beefed-up each conference. Teams play a gruelling 10-game schedule against old and new rivals to decide a champion, but all anyone seems to care about is the single-elimimation, cold-weather tournament at the end. Winning a Heritage, or LHAC or ICC title should be the main goal. This is small-school football. By the time districts roll around, half of the players on these teams are hurt or already thinking about winter sports. So give me 10-0 and a conference title over 5-5 and a 'play-off' win any day.

The same applies to college. These conferences are getting tougher and tougher but everyone seems focused on the play-off.
Safetyblitz
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by Safetyblitz »

Colonel Mustard wrote: October 16th, 2023, 10:13 am Here's my 2 cents on this if anyone cares. Why do we totally dismiss winning a conference championship? Conference realignment has beefed-up each conference. Teams play a gruelling 10-game schedule against old and new rivals to decide a champion, but all anyone seems to care about is the single-elimimation, cold-weather tournament at the end. Winning a Heritage, or LHAC or ICC title should be the main goal. This is small-school football. By the time districts roll around, half of the players on these teams are hurt or already thinking about winter sports. So give me 10-0 and a conference title over 5-5 and a 'play-off' win any day.

The same applies to college. These conferences are getting tougher and tougher but everyone seems focused on the play-off.
Well said!! Sometimes winning your conference is tougher then winning the district!