Hardwood chatter
Sports999
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

All-time scorers in the State.

Post by Sports999 »

Here is a list of the All-Time leading scorers in the State of PA:

http://www.pahoops.org/B1000.htm

It is interesting to see how many local guys of there and I never knew that Joe Nastasi was #6 on the list, I knew AJ was 1 but Joe being 6 is news to me. Both outscored Kobe(not saying they're better so don't start that arguement) and Travis Eisentrout is right up there with the best of 'em. I though Galicynsky had more points than that too....
noname
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by noname »

I will say this about AJ. If he wouldnt of played football and would of just concentrated on basketball he would of played at a DIV 1 school in b-ball in my opinion. I look at some of the top 10 names in scoring. Owens McMillen McNamara Bryant did not play football. I saw McNamara play in state championship games in hershey. What range that kid ahd and could handle the ball. Thats all he did was pl;ay basketball. Camps practice pickup games in the fall. AJ worked hard in basketball BUT just think if he more or less did it year round. Just basketball would of been even better. That is just my opinion.
Sports999
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Sports999 »

Macnamera went for like 56 in the title game didn't he? I remember he had some sort of lights out game that night. AJ could have helped out my Lions had he only play b-ball thats for sure! When Joe was at PSU he could have probably taken half the stiffs on the team aswell.
noname
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by noname »

YEs sports Jerry did light them up BIG TIME. I see the kids play at hershey every year and I just think AJ was or would been able to hold his own against alot of those kids I saw playing there. In fact I no he could of. AJ was a good basketball player and I no people say he shot alot but look at his career FG% and Free throw% Pretty good stats he had there
HOLLYWOOD
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by HOLLYWOOD »

Gang,

What an honor to have my name #1 on a list of great basketball players from a rich Basketball State in PA. I would have liked to see myself if I could have just concentrated on Basketball but I was always trying to better myself with other sports ala football and baseball. When you are strong in all, it gets tough to pick one. I have had people tell me that baseball was my best sport and almost or would have got drafted out of HS(How crazy is that?) I love football because they want athletes just not sometime players like basketball and I think that Basketball misses many great players to football because football allows them to be in competition during the winter and spring months.
Sports999
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Sports999 »

What pos. did you play in baseball and did you have any college offers for that?
The Truth
Freshman
Freshman

Two words

Post by The Truth »

When you are talkin about Great Players in the State of PA , i have 2 words for everyone PHILLY LEAUGE,,, ALL the great scorers and players in PA are pretty much from the Philly Leauge. Just for those who dont know the Kids from philly dont get to play PIAA basketball they play what i like to call real basketball. Not to take anything away from anyone who is high on the scoring list in the area , but of all the players i have seen Joe and Eisentrout are the only 2 kids they would have left on the floor. Having played College ball myself i got to see first hand what a gift it was to play in a leauge such as the SHL. I think what the state needs to do is develope a list for areas not for the whole state because come on had kobe bryant , wilt Chamberlin playin against teams like Fannet Metal and other SHL teams they would have probably broke the record in a year. I saw Kobe play in high school and he would have averaged probably 60 to 70 point a game in the SHL
The Truth
Freshman
Freshman

Two words

Post by The Truth »

Just to clear my last mesage up Kobe didnt play in Philly Leauge thats why he is on the list but his team played many philly leauge teams and played Prep schools where he was playin against some geat comp.
Sports999
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Sports999 »

Kobe and Wilt are the 2 best to play in PA all-time and both played in the PIAA so what is your point? And Kobe and Wilt could put in an arguement for the 2nd best HS players of all-time(behind Lebron of course) and neither played in the PCL or the Philly pub. league.
The Truth
Freshman
Freshman

Post by The Truth »

Just to show the differecne i beleive it was Rasheed Wallace who said it was more of an Honor to be name All City in Philly than all State PA