WHAT A GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hardwood chatter
BERWIND BLUE
Freshman
Freshman

WHAT A GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by BERWIND BLUE »

WINDBER BEAT TOWNSHIP! THIS WAS PROBABLY THE MOST EXCITING GAME I HAVE EVER WATCHED. I DON'T KNOW HOW IT HAPPENED, BUT IT DID. AS I SAID IN MY LAST POST, WINDBER HAS THE POTENTIAL TO BE THE SPOILER TEAM.
piruB
Freshman
Freshman

Re: WHAT A GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by piruB »

im sure it was a good game but i bet the refs had somethin to do with it..was duray in foul trouble??oh and what was the score
BERWIND BLUE
Freshman
Freshman

Post by BERWIND BLUE »

piruB wrote:im sure it was a good game but i bet the refs had somethin to do with it..was duray in foul trouble??oh and what was the score

I BELIEVE THE SCORE WAS 60 49. DON'T QUOTE ME THOUGH. IT WASNT DURAY IT WAS #31 I BELIEVE. HE FOULED OUT IN A CRUCIAL PART OF THE GAME.
BERWIND BLUE
Freshman
Freshman

Post by BERWIND BLUE »

FORNICATE wrote:no........................................................ sorry they dont

NEVER KNOW
whozisgonnab
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by whozisgonnab »

There must have been help from the refs...there is NO WAY Windber is better than township...on any night.
ctindian will tell it like it is.........
Jerry Tarkanian:
The secret is to have eight great players and four others who will cheer like crazy.
BERWIND BLUE
Freshman
Freshman

Post by BERWIND BLUE »

whozisgonnab wrote:There must have been help from the refs...there is NO WAY Windber is better than township...on any night.
I DON'T KNOW. WINDBER DIDN'T SEEM LIKE THEY COULD MISS A SHOT. I'M NOT GONNA SAY THE REFS WERE BAD OR ANYTHING, BUT THERE WERE SOME QUESTIONABLE CALLS BOTH WAYS.
philip's dad
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by philip's dad »

Why are zebras always the cause when a team loses. Can't the kids lose on their own simply because they don't play well or the other teams plays better. I don't get the attitude that you always blame somebody else for your mistakes.
Prince Sidewinder
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Prince Sidewinder »

It was 60-49 apparently you have not watched many games when an 11 point win is the most exciting game you ever watched.
Prince Sidewinder
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Prince Sidewinder »

Philip's Dad - you are definately right on the button about the excuse thing!! I like when people are screaming about the officials, and say the team they cheated for wins by five. You then find out the team that got cheated missed four lay-ups and were 9 of 21 from the foul line with 19 turnovers. I know this will cause some to argue but do you actually think a referee comes into a game and has intentions to cheat a team? They might but I sure hope not. I know that some officials if they know one team is say 12-2 and they are playing a 3-9 team will tend, and I do not think consciously, to side more with the better team.

But back to the original thought, take your wins with your losses and do not blame refs, ignorant fans, poor lighting or any other thing you can think of for you rlosses.
ctindian00
Senior
Senior

Post by ctindian00 »

Prince Sidewinder wrote:Philip's Dad - you are definately right on the button about the excuse thing!! I like when people are screaming about the officials, and say the team they cheated for wins by five. You then find out the team that got cheated missed four lay-ups and were 9 of 21 from the foul line with 19 turnovers. I know this will cause some to argue but do you actually think a referee comes into a game and has intentions to cheat a team? They might but I sure hope not. I know that some officials if they know one team is say 12-2 and they are playing a 3-9 team will tend, and I do not think consciously, to side more with the better team.

But back to the original thought, take your wins with your losses and do not blame refs, ignorant fans, poor lighting or any other thing you can think of for you rlosses.
whozisgonnab wrote:There must have been help from the refs...there is NO WAY Windber is better than township...on any night.
Sorry Phillips dad. On any other night I would agree with you. AS a former assistant Coach, and a hopeful future head coach, I can say that the last thing you want is to place blame for a lost. 99% of the time when you lose a game, its your own fault.

And granted, I will say this. Twp didnt play their best game. They left #13 for Windber open in the corner all game. But, and this is very important: I have seen probably over 1,000 basketball games in my life-time and never, EVER, have I seen a referee do as poor of a job as the main ref did tonight. I dont know his name, but he is the one with curly hair and a big bald spot in the middle. I dont care what berwind says or anything...and you can quote me on this. On any other night, in any other gym (hell, even the same gyms with good refs) twp wins that game. And yes, Windber won by 11, but only becuase CT was flinging 3s from 30 ft out in the last 2 minutes trying to get some momentum.

The simple fact is this...and trust me, the whole group of us were keeping track of this: Every time Mike Clark drove to the basket...he would lower his shoulder into the defense and then initiate contact and shoot. He drew the foul over 80% of the time. The same ref made that call. Matt Duray, who still had a decent game (scoring-wise) would take a crab-dribble, or a post-dribble, then make a post move and shoot. He was hacked over 15 times when he did this and only TWICE was a foul called.

Now, these two times that the foul was called were not And-1 situations like every time Clark scored for Windber. No, these were serious hacks and grabs on his arm that were so bad he couldnt even fully bring the ball up to shoot. At one point, Duray turned to the inside of the paint and went to go up and had 2 guys grab his arm. Coach lesko asked for the foul but the ref shook his head UNTIL the ball went flying and Duray fell back 2 feet. Suddenly Mr. Itsnotafoul had a change of mind and decided maybe he did get raped inside.

I'm sorry I hate to say it...but its true. The refs cost Township this game. CT spotted Windber a 13-2 lead to start the game but had no trouble bouncing back each time they went down. But, to use a tennis analogy (sorry), the refs would not allow CT to get the break point they had worked so hard for. NO, they called cheap fouls inside on CTs defense and allowed the Windber big men to practically get away with murder on the other end.

When Matt Jones #31 for CT fouled out, the baseline ref actually shook his head becuase he knew it wasnt a foul. In fact, watching the game tape back....only 2 of Jones' 5 fouls were actually fouls. That is another reason Windber won the game: the refs quickly gave Matt Jones 3 fouls in the first 10 minutes of the game causing him to sit out most of the 2 and 3rd quarters which really put CT at a disadvantage defensively. With about 3 minutes left in the game, CT had cut windber's lead to 3 and had just forced a turnover and were looking for the 3 to tie the game. The ball rimmed out and Kyle Zambanini went for the rebound. Realizing he wouldnt get it, he back off of the rebounder WITHOUT even so much as touching his back for leverage and was called for over the back. Earlier, In the first half, Nate Pahel shot a 3 pointer that bounced off of the rim and went higher than the top of the backboard (but never touched the backboard) then came back down to Duray who laid it in. What happens, the ref (yeah, the bald one) says the ball is out of bounds. Later in the 4th quarter, Kyle Zambanini got a steal and wash pushing for a full court layup. He went up for the layup and was leveled by Mike Clark and the ref (yep, same guy) said it was out of bounds.

Now, these are just a few of the many examples of awful officiating in this game. But here is the kicker: In most games, when a ref is doing poorly, they are obnoxious and smug. When a ref actually thinks he is right, he offers an explanation as to why he called a foul. When the ref called that over the back foul on Zambanini, Coach Lesko turned to the ref and said "He didn't even touch him, how can it be over the back?" The ref that called the foul (yeah, that same guy) turned to lesko and said "Sorry, Coach, it's not your night." Now that is just down right sad.

Now, some windber fans, AKA the legion of douche, will point to the maxpreps stats and say that the fouls were called pretty evenly. To which i say BULL****. Yes, the number may be even, but if you keep in mind that almost every foul Windber was called for was a reach in or some other "on-the-floor" foul while the majority of the CT fouls were shooting fouls. CT got about 5 shooting fouls the whole game: 2 for Duray, 2 for Jones, and 1 for Kyle Smiach. (and those were both 2 shot fouls...i.e. CT didnt make the shot becuase the foul was so hard) Clark was at the line plenty of times and all were 1 shot fouls to add to his offensive-foul laden drives.

Yes...you are right Philips dad. MOST OF THE TIME when you lose a game, you have no one to blame but yourselves. But tonight, that REF...that single zebra with bad glasses and a balding frizzy head STOLE the game from CT. and i mean he ROBBED them of a win and their last chance at playing in the WestPAC championship game.

Had Matt Jones played the game with the 2 fouls he actually deserved. CT would have been a much bigger force on Defense and #13 wouldnt have gotten his trio of cheap 3 point shots in and Clark wouldnt have been able to clearout the offense and make unchallenged drives to the lane. So...in conclusion. Sorry BERWIND BLUE, but your team is one of the worst westPAC and will be for the remainder of the season. You will not be a spoiler. You have a 3-13 record and your only REAL wins are over a 3-14 team and an ACCIDENTAL upset over Berlin earlier in the year (which I even question since some friends of mine from Berlin told me that the same officiating crew did that game and screwed them over too). So....yeah. Good teams lose. (Pitt at Villanova) Good teams get robbed (CT at Windber).

Its a part of the game, but good teams deal with it and move on by responding with a BIG win over their next opponent. (Much will be the case when CT travels to Salisbury tomorrow) Bad teams respond to a win with confusion and unsure delight and follow it up with a loss. Now...there may be an exception since you are playing an exceptionally bad team in Meyersdale on monday...but i wouldnt put it past the ole rambers to pull a Windber and lose at Meyersdale just like you did at Ferndale
"I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.” -Jim Valvano