Bishop McCort's New Recruit

It could be....It might be.....It is!!! A Home Run!
LHAC Supporter
Freshman
Freshman

Bishop McCort's New Recruit

Post by LHAC Supporter »

wow .... rumor has it hat once again mccort gets ahold of another athlete

sean lehnart - who was the ace for LV last year - and beat westmont in the playoffs - was picked up under the recruiting wing of bishop mccort

this drastically changes mccorts pitching staff it willl now likely be .,,, 1. harrington , 2. lehnart...... and 3. ferre

does ne one know the reason for his coming to mccort ?
and is he a junior or senior
piaaruler
Freshman
Freshman

Re: Bishop McCort's New Recruit

Post by piaaruler »

wow?? are you serious? how does mccort get away with this kind of stuff this is ridiculous!! always recruiting people. but anyway from what i hear i dont think this is going to alter the rotation if Ferre has improved as i have heard. if he is as good as i hear then it would most likely be 1. colin 2. ferre 3.lehnart
IknowIt27
Freshman
Freshman

Post by IknowIt27 »

of course mccort has to go and recruit some more players cause thats the only way they can be good
lakersfan24
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by lakersfan24 »

Kids transferring to McCort after obvious success at other schools is starting to get ridiculous. Hopefully something will be done in the years coming.
KobeBallsLikeSwoosh
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by KobeBallsLikeSwoosh »

agreed!!!!!!
froggyfan
Senior
Senior

Post by froggyfan »

I know that this is a waste of time, but I'll say it anyway. Parents do decide to send their kids to McCort for more important reasons than just athletics. If a kid is doing well at another school, there would be no reason to pay tuition on top of school taxes, unless there is something else that McCort offers that the public school doesn't. One reason just could be the prayer in school-clearly, people should be allowed to make this choice. You don't always know what the bottom line is with these transfers, but it could just be called freedom.
sydfinch
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by sydfinch »

Froggy fan, what you are saying is absolutely true and correct and it does get lost sometimes in the rhetoric of this debate. But the issue isn't whether kids should be allowed to transfer from public to private schools. They absolutely should. The issue is whether schools that draw kids from a large geographic areas covering multiple school districts should compete on the same level athletically with schools that draw kids from set boundaries.
Consider this example: Both Cambria Heights and Bishop McCort had successful basketball seasons last year (2007-08). Looking at the two rosters and who was returning, you'd have said:
> If McCort had a big man, they'd be a legit district title contender.
> If Heights had a true point guard, they'd be a legit district title contender.
Flash forward to the 2008-09 season and:
> Lo and behold, McCort "found" a 6-6 big man via transfer from a nearby district.
> Heights had to figure out how to win 18 games without a true point guard.
There's a basic unfairness there.
froggyfan
Senior
Senior

Post by froggyfan »

The guidelines are based upon enrollment. Again, for WHATEVER reason transfers occur, it doesn't change the enrollment numbers. If a kid is unhappy, or his/her parents aren't pleased and have the means, they have a right to go to McCort if that's their choice.

My understanding is that PIAA doesn't allow a transfer student to participate in athletics during that school term, if that was the reason for the transfer. Students transferring OUT of BMHS are under the same regulations...that does happen.
lakersfan24
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by lakersfan24 »

Froggy,
That doesn't take away from the fact that a school can bring in players to replace needs who are blatantly transferring for athletic reasons. This isn't college, and from info I've been hearing around the PIAA the time table is about 3-5 for this to be finally stopped. Possibly any transfer student transferring after 9th grade will be forced to take a year off ALL SPORTS? I wonder how many kids would be transferring to McCort for "academics" then..
PennStateJunkie
Freshman
Freshman

Post by PennStateJunkie »

None my friend, NONE

this is complete Bulls***. And Froggy I like how you try to look at the good intentions behind all of this, but common, they picked this kid up because they would be down a decent pitcher, and the weeks that they have 3 games a week or so, they would need someone to pick up the slack and hopefully pull out some wins. Now they don't have to worry about their pitching problem. This is horrible.