2010 LHAC Talk/Previews/Predictions

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Crimson09Crazy

2010 LHAC Talk/Previews/Predictions

Post by Crimson09Crazy »

Never too early to start talking HS Football.
Lets hear what everyone thinks about this upcoming year in the LHAC. I think we will see more balance then in the past few years, I don't see McCort being in the Title conversation. Some new teams will be ready to step in

Section I

1. Forest Hills... this is THE team this season. Nick Dudukovich is THE player. with 2 secondary ballcarriers each having 600+ yard seasons last year. Forest Hills boasts the most dangerous attack in the league. They lose some key players from last years AA Title team, they still will be dangerous. Bailey will have this team as the 1-2 seed entering District playoffs.

2. to be honest I dont know. I put Central Cambria here based off past reputations and records. But they did not have sucha great year last season. But this is usually a top tier LHAC team. I'm sure they'll be competitive.

3. Bishop Carroll its been some time since this team has been in contention. But this is an LHAC seaon with a lot of turnover. Josh Chumrik is a top player in this league, will have to carry the Huskies this season.

4. Penn Cambria Basically Newton did everything for this team for 2 straight years, and he is not here this year. They need to find someone that can hold the team on his back. This will be an excellent job for Fetzer to get this team to the playoffs.

5. Cambria Heights Caleb Vescovi. thats it. He may have inherited the top QB in the league title. But still he has absolutely no help. But he alone may carry this team to a win or two

6. Bishop Guilfoyle BG wasn't too good last season, and Huey Ehredt was the only reason why they were any good. They lose a lot. And we'll see what they do to replace it.

Section II

1. Johnstown This might be the year that Johnstown passes McCort. They have a top notch prospect in Alkwan Williams. He is a force on D and will be looked upon to play O this year. watch for Gervon Simon at QB. He'll be making some plays.

2. Bishop McCort They lose everything and still have the potential to be the 2nd best team in the conference. Zach Rugg, the bigger of the two Rugg's, will anchor both lines. The offense is going back to the 2007 offense to help cater to JR. QB Jesse Cooper. McCort has a ton of little athletes to throw too. Depends who steps up.

3. Westmont haha yes, Westmont. I don't believe it either and I may regret my words. But Lucas and Duplin gives this team a lot of size. and they have 3 backs with 300+ yards from last year. I expect Alex Intihar to step up and have a breakout year.

4. Richland Bailey replaced Pecora with Ramieres and didn't miss a beat. Can he do it again? If he can't they should take advantage of the backfield Rizzo and Cinko.

5. Bedford Shippey was a key component to last year's improbable run through the state playoffs, and he's back with good experience. He is a good athlete and is going to put up biggg numbers this year,

6. Somerset They lose Niemic who was the offense last year. I don't know much about Somerset, but I can't see them being any higher then the 6 spot.

Its just a thought and I'm ready to start talking football. lets get it going
Footballfan4
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: 2010 LHAC Talk/Previews/Predictions

Post by Footballfan4 »

I would say you hit it pretty close and nobody can really say the outcome in July. That's why the season is played. The only thing that I see is Carroll at 3 in section 1? They weren't very good last year and lost some big linemen and their best all around athlete in Shawn Perich. Josh Chumrick is their only impact player that will make some waves but not too much else. They need a quarterback and Barzdo will step in their I presume. He is more of a runner than a thrower but can if he improved. I would put Penn Cambria above them. PC loses Newton and some beasts upfront but gains a great sophomore class that went 7-0 last year in freshmen ball and the inexperience will show early but late in the season may turn it up. Cambria Heights may either be where you have them or lower pending on how they play and how determined they are. Obviously their offense stays intact with Brawley, Vescovi and Welteroth all returning but the line is the nightmare. Shooting for 2 wins? Maybe the 6-1 sophomore class will improve the Swiss cheese defense.
Section 2 looks about right if Johnstown reloads from the loss of the seniors. Not a lot coming from the underclassmen. Richland will either go with Cinko at QB or Drew Mahalik. But its tough to really say if they want to run with Rizzo more or stick to pass.
JHSstandout
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by JHSstandout »

Footballfan4 wrote: Section 2 looks about right if Johnstown reloads from the loss of the seniors. Not a lot coming from the underclassmen.

i mean really the junior class only had 2 conference losses out of both their 7th and 8th grade years and they were both to forest hills. in 9th grade they lost both of their best players and still did pretty good, so i think it'll come down to forest hills and johnstown for the lhac title next year
Footballfan4
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Footballfan4 »

I meant sophomores which means they will have a strong year before a slight rebuilding process.
JHSstandout
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by JHSstandout »

Ehh i don't know. I give them 2 strong years because the 2012 class has the best athletes and the class below them have a few good lineman that can play. I don't see them losing too much after this year. I do agree that after that though, it'll all go downhill.
Footballfan4
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Footballfan4 »

It's hard to tell how kids will develope and the determination of a group of kids so you never know what the future holds.
salemforpresident
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by salemforpresident »

CHEIGHTS won't win 3 games!
AmusedChatter
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by AmusedChatter »

Is this another down year in the LHAC???
CITYBOY
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CITYBOY »

I heard a rumor that Chestnut Ridge might be asked to join the Laurel Highlands.......I hope this is true! Anybody else heard this?
OC caddy
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by OC caddy »

Chestnut Ridge was in the LHAC a few years back and for what ever reason,travel or competition,they elected to find "greener" or less competitive pastures! I find this rather ironic now that they want back in.
I, myself, would rather see the LV/LV jointure in it.