Blacklick Valley

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
WilsonJet
Senior
Senior

Blacklick Valley

Post by WilsonJet »

I went to see Blacklick Valley in their first ever night game. Very impressed !! Great atmosphere and great crowd. The Vikings team looked impressive as well. Johnny Sheesley is a player and has a supporting cast. Congratulations and great job to the guys who got this done.
sportsfan1000
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Blacklick Valley

Post by sportsfan1000 »

Friday nights are where hs football belongs. Glad bv gets to experience home games under the lights. Now, if only the last couple schools in this area would take bv's lead.
Chiefwapum
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Chiefwapum »

I have to say cograts to BLV on both the lights and the win. :ymapplause: I was just talking about BLV with a co worker and he asked me if all of BlackLick Valley Home games are switched from Saturday to Friday nights. I assume they would all be switched from Saturday to Friday night however, both he and I attend games for different HS teams and are schedule's have not been updated nor have we heard anything indicating this is the case. If anyone can shed some light on this it would be greatly appreciated.
SouthSide Johnny
Freshman
Freshman

Post by SouthSide Johnny »

All of Blacklick Valley's games will be played on Friday Nights. This weekend they will play Purchase Line Friday Night at home instead of the game being played at the Point Stadium where it was originally scheduled.
RamblinMan
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by RamblinMan »

Yep...happy for the players, coches and all the fans in that school district. Nothing like Friday night lights...the way it's suppose to be. I understand it was a community project so a big thumbs up to all involved.
SRV
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by SRV »

That leaves Rockwood, Ferndale and Conemaugh Valley - in the WestPac that play Saturday afternoon games.
bbsocceralumni
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by bbsocceralumni »

I do recall years ago when Berlin was donating our old lights to Rockwood but nothing ever happened with them installing them. Not sure what ever happened with that taking place.
ramfan
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by ramfan »

Yes, This is great for the players and the community. Attendance will go up and community pride will raise. Cone. Valley, Ferndale, Rockwood, and Westmont schools need to take notice, with community support, boosters and fund raising events even in these tough times for schools districts projects like this can get done.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Hard to imagine Valley and Ferndale putting money into something that may become obsolete. Although it would be a fight to the death, but the impending consolidations of the world could happen. And both of their fields wouldn't be used anymore.

Westmont isn't going to do it.
ramfan
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by ramfan »

yeah, i know. Westmont has the ordinance.