Where are the cougars???

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
headstrong32
Freshman
Freshman

Where are the cougars???

Post by headstrong32 »

North star has been average at best this year. I was at the game friday night and couldnt beleive what I saw. I expected somewhat of a blowout from the cougars but it was far from that. I'll give credit where due, this was not the shade of the past but nothing north star shouldn't have been able to handle. I dont know if the players arent getting it up or there are some coaching staff issues but I have greatly enjoyed watching NS over the past 8yrs and expected this year of cougar football to be different than it is turning out
HowieLong
Freshman
Freshman

Re: Where are the cougars???

Post by HowieLong »

If you were really at the game, you would have seen that Miller didn't play and Strasser was out after 3 plays. He didn't play the rest of the game. When you have a sophomore at runningback and 2 sophomores at reciever, you're gonna have a hard time moving the ball, especially on a well put together Shade team. However, since neither of them played defense, the defense was able to play outstanding in limiting Medva. i bet he didn't have more than 50 yards. All in all, I feel the leaders stepped up on defense and allowed the 2 best offensive players to get some rest.
GreenMachine
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by GreenMachine »

HowieLong wrote:If you were really at the game, you would have seen that Miller didn't play and Strasser was out after 3 plays. He didn't play the rest of the game. When you have a sophomore at runningback and 2 sophomores at reciever, you're gonna have a hard time moving the ball, especially on a well put together Shade team. However, since neither of them played defense, the defense was able to play outstanding in limiting Medva. i bet he didn't have more than 50 yards. All in all, I feel the leaders stepped up on defense and allowed the 2 best offensive players to get some rest.
Absolutely sucks to hear about the injuries, you never want to see or hear about that. Portage looks to have lost their starting FB/MLB to a torn meniscus(he's been out for 2 weeks already but is having surgery this week). The mustangs already start 3 freshman and 2 sophomore's on offense so using the excuse of having underclassman causing your struggles can only take you so far. A win is a win no matter how ugly it was and hopefully the injuries are not serious and they come back immediately because it looks like your young talent isn't ready to quite step up to the "Friday Night Lights" stage quite yet.
RamblinMan
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by RamblinMan »

GreenMachine wrote:
HowieLong wrote:If you were really at the game, you would have seen that Miller didn't play and Strasser was out after 3 plays. He didn't play the rest of the game. When you have a sophomore at runningback and 2 sophomores at reciever, you're gonna have a hard time moving the ball, especially on a well put together Shade team. However, since neither of them played defense, the defense was able to play outstanding in limiting Medva. i bet he didn't have more than 50 yards. All in all, I feel the leaders stepped up on defense and allowed the 2 best offensive players to get some rest.
Absolutely sucks to hear about the injuries, you never want to see or hear about that. Portage looks to have lost their starting FB/MLB to a torn meniscus(he's been out for 2 weeks already but is having surgery this week). The mustangs already start 3 freshman and 2 sophomore's on offense so using the excuse of having underclassman causing your struggles can only take you so far. A win is a win no matter how ugly it was and hopefully the injuries are not serious and they come back immediately because it looks like your young talent isn't ready to quite step up to the "Friday Night Lights" stage quite yet.
Hate to hear about the injured Mustang and wasn't aware of it until you posted. Injuries are tough. These kids work hard all offseason to play and to have an injury end their season early just kills em. I feel especially bad if he is a Senior. Even without him, Portage is playing tough and the game this week against Windber is probably a toss up game.
SouthSide Johnny
Freshman
Freshman

Post by SouthSide Johnny »

Is Tony Strasiser hurt bad? Hope it does not affect him for baseball. What is Millers injury?
headstrong32
Freshman
Freshman

Post by headstrong32 »

From what I've heard Strassier's injury is something in his knee but isn't believed to be serious. As for Miller he has ongoing ankle problems but can hopefully heal that up before Blacklick. I would hope that Miller isnt needed to get it done against Meyersdale but we will have to see because it seems to be a somewhat unpredictable season for the cougars