Clairton vs Dunmore PIAA Class A final

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Coach
Website Founder
Website Founder

Re: Clairton vs Dunmore PIAA Class A final

Post by Coach »

We should have a BleacherCoaches meeting at Hershey! I'll be down there enjoying grub at my favorite locale... The Parkside
Make sure you Like BleacherCoaches.com on Facebook! Make it easier for us to reach you!!!!

http://www.facebook.com/bleachercoaches
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Dan and I plan to come down. So count us in.
YinzerKyle
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by YinzerKyle »

I'm there every year.

Little tip of advise to people going I just discovered two years ago:
Usually on Saturday in between the AA and AAAA games if you walk over to the old Hersheypark Arena they have AAU or high school hockey games going on. Nice way to kill time. The chocolate tour gets old after doing it between games for 12 years straight lol.
billmurray
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by billmurray »

i'll be there covering the weekend for our site...look me up...green and black westerpafootball.net jacket and hat
billmurray
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by billmurray »

AnthonyK wrote:I didnt know Dunmore was that loaded. Could Clairton finally be an underdog? It seem as though most people I've talked to statewide are still going with Clairton but Billy if you have seen both I'll believe ya. I talked to someone who saw Dunmore SC game and said SC shot themselves in the foot early and should have won but admittedly I havent seen Dunmore only going by what people tell me. If this is the team that finally has the speed at Class A to shut down all of Clairtons weapons I wanna see it Friday.
Yes, I've covered both teams.....I'm gonna give the edge to Dunmore......Being a Berwick born I know about winning football games with mystique alone. That's where Clairton is right now....they are good but can be beat. Dunmore doesn't believe in mystique, just ask Southern.
animus
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by animus »

Bill,

I'm going to disagree w/ your last points in this thread. SCA 2012 doesn't have the same mystique as they did in 06. Quite honestly I don't think this years squad was as good as last years squad.

I do hear this point being brought up time and time again about how Eastern Small Schools play a 2A and 3A Schedule(yes I know it wasn't brought up yet). But I'll raise this question, do any of those schools have the team speed that Clairton has? Do any of those teams have the athletes on the outside that can turn a simple 10 yard out into a 40-50 yard play. There is Bristol & BA quickness and then there is Clairton Speed.

At the same time, Clairton has competed well against bigger schools the past few years in Washington, Riverside, and SCA but that doesn't mean squat heading into this game. This is a pure Size vs Speed match up.
billmurray
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by billmurray »

animus wrote:Bill,

I'm going to disagree w/ your last points in this thread. SCA 2012 doesn't have the same mystique as they did in 06. Quite honestly I don't think this years squad was as good as last years squad.

I do hear this point being brought up time and time again about how Eastern Small Schools play a 2A and 3A Schedule(yes I know it wasn't brought up yet). But I'll raise this question, do any of those schools have the team speed that Clairton has? Do any of those teams have the athletes on the outside that can turn a simple 10 yard out into a 40-50 yard play. There is Bristol & BA quickness and then there is Clairton Speed.

At the same time, Clairton has competed well against bigger schools the past few years in Washington, Riverside, and SCA but that doesn't mean squat heading into this game. This is a pure Size vs Speed match up.
Your opinion is noted. But I stick with what I said, Berwick, Southern, Mt. Carmel, CBW and now Clairton...they've all had their streaks...and I'm saying I'll bet 15-20% of the games they won are over teams that probably could have beaten them but didn't because they are who they are/were. I've been covering football a long time and I've seen it happen time and again.
And yes, there are several teams that have Clairtons speed. Again, I've seen them play...heck, Bellwood when healthy was every bit as fast as Clairton. It's mystique, like it or not. The streak will end. Maybe not next week, but it will end. until then, enjoy the ride. Oh, and by the way...imhotep was supposed to destroy everyone...how'd that work out? lol!
Remember animus, I'm not biased either way.....I'm from Berwick...I've seen it happen.
animus
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by animus »

I saw BA play BM, they're not nearly as fast as Clairton. The only schools that I've seen w/ Clairton school are Aliquippa and Imhotep. I can buy the mystique factor. I've seen schools intimidated by Clairton before the game even started; Fort Cherry.

I'm not saying Dunmore doesn't have a chance. You're right, all streaks must come to an end. I'd rather the streak end to a school like Dunmore, SCA, Riverside, or an Old Forge rather than a Brentwood or Bishop Canevin.

I think we're in for a treat on Friday. This game will be one hell of a football game.
AnthonyK
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by AnthonyK »

Bellwood Antis has more speed than Clairton? Bill if this is one of those where you're getting over on us to get a laugh I'm cool with that. I'm not at all condemning your Dunmore pick pardon my redundancy I haven't seen Dunmore play. I've never seen BA play either but now you most certainly have my curiosity up and I must make some calls/texts. Had you said Gateway, Woodland Hills, Harrisburg I'd have taken that...
YinzerKyle
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by YinzerKyle »

billmurray wrote:i'll be there covering the weekend for our site...look me up...green and black westerpafootball.net jacket and hat
I'll make sure to keep an eye out for you and if I happen to see you I'll say hello. I'll be the 6'6" 300lb guy haha.
Little heads up though you guys need to update the 2013 Commitments for your site.