Opening

Hardwood chatter
districtsixhoops
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Opening

Post by districtsixhoops »

Hearing that Central has opened their varsity girls position.
districtsixhoops
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Opening

Anyone hear what's going on? I have not seen anything official on this. You would think they would have advertised the job by now.
dadw/2sons
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by dadw/2sons »

My source said that it would be opened yesterday, which doesn't make sense. I would think it would be opened in house first, then to the public. Most schools do it that way.
ChocolateThunder
Freshman
Freshman

Post by ChocolateThunder »

Will be a repeat performance of the debacle that was their hiring process for boy's job. Kids have been quitting for years and their administrators did nothing. Now they find themselves in a bad situation.
LovetoHunt
Freshman
Freshman

Post by LovetoHunt »

Chocolate Thunder I totally agree !!! With nieces and nephews having played at central I have seen the mistakes. Boys screwed up when Randy Meck was available and now the coaches don't even show up for half the off season games. This group of boys, albeit small in stature, could surprise a lot of people if the coaches would utilize their strengths and get out of the 80's. The girl's is even worse !!! This once proud program had to forfeit half of their JV games last year due to not enough numbers to fill a roster. Now we hear that students are transferring (of course for academic reasons). But don't lose sleep over any of this as a teacher will get chosen for the girl's opening. Isn't that the way it usually goes ?
districtsixhoops
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Considering that next week is the last week of August and school is starting I'd say the new head coach will have their hands full. Anyone hearing who may be interested? Heck, I guess it's hard to be interested if they haven't advertised it.
LovetoHunt
Freshman
Freshman

Post by LovetoHunt »

From what I hear there are some in house candidates. Hasn't even hit the papers yet but I assume their athletic director was too busy to take the three minutes it takes to call the paper and post that central has a coaching opening. With the boys, it was opened in April and they waited till September to name a coach. It's kinda funny. I am hearing, the girls want Coach Horton to come back. He knows the girls well and would do a nice job.
dadw/2sons
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by dadw/2sons »

i agree. Coach Horton would be an excellant choice. He did a nice job at the junior high level and would know the girls on the Varsity roster. What is left of it anyway.
Tussey Mt. fan
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Tussey Mt. fan »

Hearing today that last year's coach reapplied.
districtsixhoops
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

???? That makes no sense.