Sid Bream curse is OVER!!

The name says it all!
dadw/2sons
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Sid Bream curse is OVER!!

Post by dadw/2sons »

Finally win number 82. The streak is OVER!! I still remember where I was at when Sib slid past Spanky and knocked the Bucs out of the World Series. This year's team might not make it there either, but this summer has been fun. Hopefully the magic will continue a little bit into Buctober. GO BUCS!!
RamFan206
Sophomore
Sophomore

Re: Sid Bream curse is OVER!!

Post by RamFan206 »

It was a great moment last night for sure especially that Neil Walker (Pittsburgh native) made the last out
Eaglealum
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Eaglealum »

Yup. And here's to maybe one more little run to 90-92 wins. But.... not to be a wet fart; something is going to need done, either with Leyva at 3rd base, or thier baserunning philosophy . We have had at least 9 guys tossed out at the plate in last month. Someone explain to me the logic in sending the runner from 3rd with less than 2 outs on an infield grounder. I've seen Pedro tossed twice, Walker, Martin twice, Jones, Tabata, Marte and last night Cutch.... several of the aforementioned were ground balls to the left side even!!! And not one freaking time do I remember scoring a run like that. Is anyone else as close to going insane with it?
"Don't argue with stupid people; they'll drop you to their level and beat you with experience."
.... A. Einstein
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

I think last night, that was on Cutch.
Eaglealum
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Eaglealum »

Possibly, but it happens so much and some of those guys aren't exactly racehorses, leads me to think it's a philosophy of a terrets patient
"Don't argue with stupid people; they'll drop you to their level and beat you with experience."
.... A. Einstein
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

I'm more concerned about their starting pitching right now. COLE tossed an absolute gem last night, compared to some of his more recent outings. The Bucs really needed it, going against a stud in Darvish. Liriano has slumped a bit, AJ too. Morton injured for how long, whens Wandy due back, can Locke GET it back, etc.
It ain't over until it's over.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Starting pitching is a HUGE concern for me. Liriano can definitely bounce back. He's been good start-bad start rotation lately. He's due for a good one after te debacle against Milwaukee.
RamFan206
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by RamFan206 »

Does anybody know when Marte is scheduled to be back because I know he pinch-ran last night but he had that mitten on but when can he return to regular play
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

The question is now that they are "over the hump", where do they go from here? Can they run down St. Louis? Is the current lineup the optimal lineup (once Marte is back)? Or is this just growing pains for -NEXT- year? Thoughts?
It ain't over until it's over.
Eaglealum
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Eaglealum »

They said he still has discomfort when he swings the bat with 2 hands. He's either really close, or not gonna be ready til spring. For them to activate him. He's either ready, or they figure they can use him situationally to run, like the reds are doing with billy Hamilton
.... A. Einstein