West Pac Preview Week #4

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Chiefwapum
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

West Pac Preview Week #4

Post by Chiefwapum »

Last Week (6-0) Season (14-2)
After week 3 we all get to see which direction teams are heading for the 2013 season. This comes with A new face (Meyersdale) lingering at the top of the conference after a losing campaign a year ago. Maybe another shocker could be considered Berlin reloading and looking to defend their D5 Championship of a year ago. Many did not expect this team to be on par with last year’s team yet word is this team is even better. North Star and Windber will make a push for the top two conferences foes and this should be an interesting year to see who ends up on top.

North Star (2-1) at Saltsburg (0-3)
This should be one of several West Pac games which look to be a blow out. Saltsburg cannot match the size of North Star. North Star will pound them with the one two punch of their tailback with the compliment of their huge fullback. Since making this change in the backfield and getting one of their better players back on the field, North Star has their offense going in the right direction. North Star 35-7

Ferndale (0-3) at Shade (1-2)
What can you say about Ferndale? They will not win a game this year yet, they show up each week and give it their all. Limited number of kids playing banged up week in and week out. That team has plenty of heart and I wish them nothing but the best. Shade on the other hand appears to be a scrappy bunch that no team should take to lightly . Curious to see how the panthers handle their next three games and I look for them to be the dark horse to sneak into the playoffs. Shade 35-14

Conemaugh Valley (1-2) at Berlin (3-0)
Conemaugh Valley could be in for a long night traveling to Berlin same scenario as last week for the mountain men as they might be able to get all of their players a little bit of action again this week. Valley is rebuilding and Berlin has reloaded. Berlin will need to work off some rust with their offense going into next week’s show down with North Star. If this game pans out like last week’s Berlin’s starters will be limited on playing time causing the aforementioned rust. Berlin 42-7

Windber (2-1) at Blacklick Valley (0-2)
Windber as I suspected got their ship headed back in the right direction after taking a rogue wave a week earlier. The result here will be much the same as the above mentioned games and Windber will need to stiffen up on defense if they want to make a run in the playoffs. As of now it appears they are going to be in shoot outs with the better teams and that generally leads to an early exit in the playoffs. Blacklick will struggle this year and need to find a way to score some points. Windber 42-14
Conemaugh Twp (0-3) at Chartiers Houston (2-1)
Twp is heading into unfriendly territory and will be in for a long night. Twp. played last week without the likes of their two playmakers (both injured) and used a lot of very young players and it showed. With or without their playmakers they are in for a long night. The better question is will township score. With playmakers I say yes. Without them I say no Chartiers Houston 56-0

****GAME OF THE WEEK***
Portage (2-1) at Meyersdale (3-0)
Is Meyersdale the team to beat? So far they have impressed. Portage had a major hick-up at Berlin and were basically shut down all night in that game. This should be a great game and I think it will come down to line play. Although, the raiders are very big I have to go with Portage in a close one. Portage can score points and has a very quick offense which should give the Raiders fits. Meyersdale will counter with smash mouth football and this game could go either way. Portage 28-21