District Champs

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
crfball
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

District Champs

Post by crfball »

Since people are getting interested predict here for the (way to early predictions)

D5A-
D5,8AA-
D6A-
D6AA-

Predict the Finals and Winner
SportsFan96
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: District Champs

Post by SportsFan96 »

District 5/8 AA should be CR and Bedford again in the championship game. I'm pretty sure it's just them and Westinghouse as the only AA teams in District 5/8.

Ridge lost some players, but they are returning a lot of starters on defense and guys who saw a good bit of playing time. The offense is the question mark with the loss of the QB, but they are returning some capable WR's, some starters back on the O-line to go along with guys who had a good bit of playing time and the RB Matt Wiley.

Bedford was a young team last year and played very well. I don't know as much about them, but I think there were a lot of underclassmen who started for them last year. I expect them to play well again this year.
BoStillKnows
Senior
Senior

Post by BoStillKnows »

5A- Tussey Mountain over NBC
5/8AA- Chesnut Ridge over Bedford
6A- Williamsburg over BG
6AA- Tyrone over Forest Hills
Eaglealum
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Eaglealum »

Bo if your 6A pick happens .... There would be a celebration never seen before in Williamsburg
"Don't argue with stupid people; they'll drop you to their level and beat you with experience."
.... A. Einstein
D6sports101
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by D6sports101 »

Hate to say it but that Williamsburg pick is a stretch
jayjay6218
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by jayjay6218 »

5/8AA- Bedford over Chesnut Ridge (Bedford assumes their role as 5AA Champ and beats D8AA without issue).
6A- BG over BA (Assuming #1 & 2 seed respectively).
6AA- Tyrone over Forest Hills (I think Tyrone is loaded for bear this year and will not take no for an answer).

I do not really follow D5A so I will not gander a guess.
D6sports101
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by D6sports101 »

Agree with all those picks
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

AAA - Somerset will represent our area however the bracket shakes out
D5 AA - Bedford will be the team.
D6 A - Bishop Guilfoyle
D6 AA - I'm leaning towards Forest Hills
D5 A - I like Berlin.
Eaglealum
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Eaglealum »

Crimson's Ghost wrote:AAA - Somerset will represent our area however the bracket shakes out
D5 AA - Bedford will be the team.
D6 A - Bishop Guilfoyle
D6 AA - I'm leaning towards Forest Hills
D5 A - I like Berlin.
LHAC sweep? Possible but never goes that way.
Not making predictions but give my favorites

5a- TM and Berlin
6a- BG, HC and dark horse BA
6AA- Tyrone, Central, FH
AAA - Have to go with Golden Eagles....Sommerset
"Don't argue with stupid people; they'll drop you to their level and beat you with experience."
.... A. Einstein
Big Ike
Junior
Junior

Post by Big Ike »

D5A- Don't know too much...but I will guess Blue and white team to finish at top...Berlin I think still has a stud RB coming back next year. He I guess could take them over the edge. -or- Windber to rebound back to the top. Still the litmus program of D5 IMHO...In states I am not too optimistic about them vs. whoever wins D-7 this year. It may be a While before I feel a D-5 team can take a D-7 team...As I have said many times before North Star should and could have beaten Serra and although the Duquesne Dukes were my team I knew Windber could hang in '05...It was 1 or two broken plays that won it for the Dukes...there was no domination.

D5,8AA- I guess TM is not AA? Any how I can see a high scoring victory over a D-8 Westinghouse...whom is the only AA school I believe, close to A cutoff...Most "city league" teams in states seem to lose shoot outs...they are teams engineered to score but get trucked in the trenches and the grind wears them down.

D6A- Can't seem to go against BA...My dark horse is Blairsville who will continue the trend of high scoring, but when it comes time for D will lose either deep in play offs or the championship games...Always felt bad the bobcats most balanced years coincided with BC best years...I think in States D6 lose to SH whom I picking to come out of the "true" east to face the west in Hershey.

D6AA- Tyrone...Richland is a program now and FH has been a king, but it seems Tyrone may still have a little more over both the rangers and Richland...of all of western PA this seems to be the district/classification that is toe to toe with the WPIAL AA champs...Tyrone and FH have won many a spot in Hershey taking down D-7 gold winner...BUT I think South Fayette is at another level right now as this is probably their last year in AA before AAA...That said though I believe one of these programs (tyrone?) beat a similar high flying Seton La Salle team a few years ago.