Mountain League week 2

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Eaglealum
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Mountain League week 2

Post by Eaglealum »

BEA @ PO- this is a rivalry game, could be a good one to watch. Mounties need a win, BEA need it more
Eagles 25 Mounties 13

Bellefonte @Huntingdon
Bellefonte stayed competitive against a decent Jersey shore team ,while the cats were getting steamrolled by a very good Mount Union team. The Red Raiders are making strides, but Huntingdon can't lose this game.
Huntingdon 34 Bellefonte 20

Clearfield @ Penns Valley
Both teams are 0-1. But the Bison lost a shootout and put up 30 on one of the better big schools in West Virginia. Penns Valley struggled with Juniata. Lookout for the stampede in spring mills.
Clearfield 48 Penns Valley 7

Tyrone @ Central
Ding ding ... Que Michael Buffer. Great game to be at.
When the dust settles I'm a homer
Tyrone 20 Central 14
"Don't argue with stupid people; they'll drop you to their level and beat you with experience."
.... A. Einstein
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Mountain League week 2

Post by DragonsDoExist »

Same as Eaglealum but let's trade homer picks! ;)

Dragons 20-14!
You play to win the game!!!
Pantherfan50
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Pantherfan50 »

Tyrone big in Central. One team has no experience the other is stacked with experience that will matter come Friday give me Tyrone 31-14.
crfball
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by crfball »

A lot of people said that about the Backyard Brawl too....
Pantherfan50
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Pantherfan50 »

crfball wrote:A lot of people said that about the Backyard Brawl too....
Bellwood has more experience than people think and I knew it would be close but I admit I was a little surprised at how close it was all I'm saying is these current players at Tyrone have experience playing in big games a few do at Central but not many that's why I predicted what I did
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

I think it'll be closer than 31-14, Tyrone has a lot more to work out than people realize. The kids from Central are actually really good, just caught behind the seniors last year. Benton is a legitimate quarterback, Mock and Helsel are great athlete. The place will be jam packed, and Central gets the home field advantage to it, I think Tyrone wins but not handily.
Pantherfan50
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Pantherfan50 »

Crimson's Ghost wrote:I think it'll be closer than 31-14, Tyrone has a lot more to work out than people realize. The kids from Central are actually really good, just caught behind the seniors last year. Benton is a legitimate quarterback, Mock and Helsel are great athlete. The place will be jam packed, and Central gets the home field advantage to it, I think Tyrone wins but not handily.
I just think Tyrone is way too experienced and talented to not win easily
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Yeah but look at positions of note, the QB is going to get a big start on the road with thousands of people watching. Heck the head coach doesn't even have experience being a head coach, that can't be overlooked either.

Central is well coached and they have talent, and they are confident after that amazing sports year in 2013/14, and these kids want to keep that rolling. I'm picking Tyrone too, I just think Central can hang.
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

Benton actually took quite a few snaps in the game at Tyrone last year so to say they have "no experience" is a little bit of a stretch but they did have at least 7 Sophs play meaningful minutes last week. Anxious to see how the young group comes together in their first big Mountain League test of the season. I've been watching these youngsters long enough to say nothing would surprise me but completely understand Tyrone being the favorite going in based strictly on returnees.
You play to win the game!!!
Pantherfan50
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Pantherfan50 »

I think they will hang around til the 4th then Tyrone will pull away and Jason Wilson was the D Coordinator for 5 years before becoming the head coach he coached in the state title game of 11 and coached those great teams under Franco I think he will be fine. Central has talent just not last years talent that's all.