How to beat BG?

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
youngbuck
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

How to beat BG?

Post by youngbuck »

Now that we have a few games in , any ideas?
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: How to beat BG?

Post by 12HankQB »

score more points...go get yourself some hogs bigger than theirs....gather talent from local communities
If only closed minds came with closed mouths
ExRaided
Senior
Senior

Post by ExRaided »

Be better than them?

Aside from that I don't know enough about them other than they're HUGE and pretty athletic. They beat up on pretty good AA and AAA teams. Oh and they're well coached and two time defending state champs that very well could win AA and AAA, or at least make a solid playoff run.

Some team is going to have to gameplan very well for them and have a heck of a team, probably catch BG on a bad night, and play their best game ever to knock them off. Unless there's a monster team in the East waiting for them.. or more injuries happen to BG. My money is on BG running out of talent before someone beats them while they're playing at or near their current level.  

At 225 rushing yards a game if anyone can shut that down or limit it a lot I feel would be a big step toward beating them.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Maybe wait them out till next year, or the year after that?
It ain't over until it's over.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

They aren't as explosive without Chadbourn, but Trybus has given them a better passing game than last year.  It seems like other people are stepping up in his absence all over the field. 
QuoteTheRaven
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by QuoteTheRaven »

The problem is no one in the smaller classifications (A-AAA) has the Offensive Line to match up size/power with them or the Athletes to match speed with them and contain them on the outside. The only way you are beating them is to play the game of your life and for them to have an off night.

But..........

I think Johnstown has the tools to beat them, guess we shall see...

As far as Class A playoffs, I think they are on cruise control until they meet Clairton in the state finals and I think that is when the Streak ends...
"Hard work pays off, dreams do come true. Bad times don't last, but Bad Guys do!"
GoldenRamsFAN
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by GoldenRamsFAN »

Not 100 percent sure but I think they would play in the semis this year, but I agree I think Clariton beats them
QuoteTheRaven
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by QuoteTheRaven »

GoldenRamsFAN wrote:Not 100 percent sure but I think they would play in the semis this year, but I agree I think Clariton beats them
Wasn't sure with the reclassifications if D6-A was still in the East or is now back in the West?

Either way I think Lamont Wade and Clairton are the team to beat this year and will end the reign of BG. Could be wrong but Wade is getting offers from just about every D1 school
"Hard work pays off, dreams do come true. Bad times don't last, but Bad Guys do!"
GoldenRamsFAN
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by GoldenRamsFAN »

The more I think about it I believe I heard somewhere that they both get byes to the semi finals.
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

QuoteTheRaven wrote:
GoldenRamsFAN wrote:Not 100 percent sure but I think they would play in the semis this year, but I agree I think Clariton beats them
Wasn't sure with the reclassifications if D6-A was still in the East or is now back in the West?

Either way I think Lamont Wade and Clairton are the team to beat this year and will end the reign of BG. Could be wrong but Wade is getting offers from just about every D1 school
BG has more than enough to stop Wade and Hamlin, they would just overpower the Clairton with size. They lost a lot of options with Matthews and Dreyer graduating. I would put this well in favor of BG. I look for the Quips and Jeanette to beat Clairton as well.
If only closed minds came with closed mouths