Central Cambria Football

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
youngbuck
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Central Cambria Football

Post by youngbuck »

Did not want to post this on the score forum when CC was brought up, but having been hearing that there is a strong push to have Corrente removed at the end of the season and Shane McGregor to be next Head Football coach.  I don't believe that McGregor is trying to undermine the current regime, but there are some around the situation that feel he could bring back respectability.   This might be interesting going forward.
timex13
Sophomore
Sophomore

Re: Central Cambria Football

Post by timex13 »

Given how horrible they are, I can't see Corrente surviving regardless.
GrapeApe
Senior
Senior

Post by GrapeApe »

i dont know how people feel about the correlation between Jr. High football success and varsity football success, but CC's Jr High program has been near the bottom of the league for years now. Maybe they just don't have the horses coming through?
kmr
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by kmr »

When your down to just around 30 dressing at a school like CC something is definitely wrong.   
crfball
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by crfball »

I heard a rumor that CC wanted out of the LHAC because they can't field enough kids anymore. Is that true that it's them or were people meaning BC and didn't know any better?
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Where is Ken Bussard these days......Maybe he'll come back.
It ain't over until it's over.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Nobody in that league fields big rosters anymore.  
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

Shane McGregor would be a good head coach, if he was interested in being the head coach. But I don't know if that's the case. I don't think you can say if it's a coaching problem or a personnel problem, it's not like CC was expected to do big things this year. 
As for numbers, Crimson said it, they're down across the board. I think PC only had low 40's and 18 of them are seniors. There are only maybe 5 kids at CC that would help the football team if they would play but currently prefer other sports.
woninthetrenches
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by woninthetrenches »

CCDevil2012 wrote:Shane McGregor would be a good head coach, if he was interested in being the head coach. But I don't know if that's the case. I don't think you can say if it's a coaching problem or a personnel problem, it's not like CC was expected to do big things this year. 
As for numbers, Crimson said it, they're down across the board. I think PC only had low 40's and 18 of them are seniors. There are only maybe 5 kids at CC that would help the football team if they would play but currently prefer other sports.
I'm not sure why you would feel that would be the right move for them to make. Usually when you have a bad team and end up firing the coach, its not the best idea to promote someone from that staff. I'm sure Shane is a great guy and can bring some good qualities to the table. However he is there now and can coach up kids and make them better, but thats not what seems like is happening. For me if I were in CC shoes I would go outside the program to find a head coach if thats what they choose to do at the end of the season.
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

Only brought up his name because it was mentioned in the OP. I just don't if he has any interest in it. I will say that although he is on the current staff, his system would be different IMO. 2 different coaching philosophies, not saying one is better than the other, just saying they differ.