LHAC dumping BC after next year

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
LTListenerFTCaller
Freshman
Freshman

LHAC dumping BC after next year

Post by LTListenerFTCaller »

Hey all you LHAC coaches out there!  What is the deal with BC (highly likely) getting dumped from the LHAC?  Is this a gateway to drop the other Bishops?  
youngbuck
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: LHAC dumping BC after next year

Post by youngbuck »

heard at the game tonight, that BC held a parents meeting and voted on leaving LHAC, because LHAC would not allow them to stay without a football team.  Parents and administrators agreed that they would drop football and become independent.  
Good luck trying to find schools to play.  Heritage already threw them out, now LHAC wont want to play them.  Cant see the WESTPAC helping them out.   Could be the beginning of the end. 
Oliver67
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Oliver67 »

Before you start spreading lies and misinformation, young buck, get your facts straight. There was a parents meeting but no such vote occurred. It was merely an informational meeting to let everyone know the other teams in the LHAC were going to force BC to leave. BC does not intend to voluntarily leave LHAC. Because it's a football driven league, if the school is forced out due to football, no other sport can stay in the conference either. 
youngbuck
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by youngbuck »

Don't act like the LHAC is the problem, BC is the problem here , them leaving causes a scramble for an additional game, why should they get conferences benefits, if they are screwing the other members, and don't forget BC offered to play as a AAA when they were thrown out of the Appalachian but LHAC never required, now they want to cry because the league does not want to get stuck picking up games out of state.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

The league would admit a new member rather than playing out of state teams.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

The "League" does not admit ONE member. They come into the league in 2's, to keep an even number of teams and games. Losing one, would force some LHAC changes, but unless they change that 2 x 2 rule, I don't see them gaining just 1 new team to fill the vacated spot.
It ain't over until it's over.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

Is this coming from the same source that had BC calling it quits after one game this year?
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Manfred wrote:The "League" does not admit ONE member.  They come into the league in 2's, to keep an even number of teams and games.  Losing one, would force some LHAC changes, but unless they change that 2 x 2 rule, I don't see them gaining just 1 new team to fill the vacated spot.
Well that's exactly what they would do. There's no "you have to add 2" rule that I'm aware of.  One leaves, one comes in. Pretty easy fix. 
Didn't BG just fill in for Central Martinsburg? Who did they enter the league with as their partner in the 2 enter 2 leave rule? 
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Go back a few years and look when teams like Johnstown, BG, came into the league. Look a couple years ago when CR was thinking of coming back. EVERYBODY connected with the LHAC talked about the 2 team rule. I don't have it in front of me in black-n-white, but it was there. I personally don't like it. One leaves, one should be allowed as a replacement. I didn't just make this sh## up.
It ain't over until it's over.
timex13
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by timex13 »

Crimson's Ghost wrote:
Manfred wrote:The "League" does not admit ONE member.  They come into the league in 2's, to keep an even number of teams and games.  Losing one, would force some LHAC changes, but unless they change that 2 x 2 rule, I don't see them gaining just 1 new team to fill the vacated spot.
Well that's exactly what they would do. There's no "you have to add 2" rule that I'm aware of.  One leaves, one comes in. Pretty easy fix. 
Didn't BG just fill in for Central Martinsburg? Who did they enter the league with as their partner in the 2 enter 2 leave rule? 
You're wrong. When Central left, BG replaced them. It was a 1-for-1 swap. Johnstown had already been back in the LHAC for 3 or 4 years at that point.