Great win by Pitt!

The name says it all!
abpk2903
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Great win by Pitt!

Post by abpk2903 »

Man, Pitt battled all night. I give them a lot of credit for that win tonight. They did it without their best athlete most of the 2nd half and a 14 point swing on an overturned call by about 1 inch.

PA college football is having a great year.
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Great win by Pitt!

Post by 223113 »

Huge upset. Loved it. One of the things that made it especially sweet,....Those biased announcers, had to Eat Crow after bashing Pitt's secondary (by the way, they had 3 piks) and their Head Coach. The 1 thing I didnt agree with Narduzzi on,...when he didnt call a Timeout, letting the clock run down, after stopping Clemson w/ about 1:50 left (let 40 sec run off).
The worst thing the 1 announcer said, something like, "This Pitt defense is making me sick."........
Idiot,...Clemson gave up more points,...Howd that make ya feel?!

Oh, and when the AP Poll comes out next week, I dont expect to see Pitt in the top 25,...I'm not crazy. But, in the "Others receiving votes", I expect to see that At least 1 person might have put them at 25, giving them 1 point. Why, you might ask? Is there another team in the country that can say they Beat 2 Top Ten Teams? I dont think so, but correct me if I'm wrong.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Pitt got terrible officiating against Virginia Tech, I'm not going to feel bad about getting some calls last night. But the announcers were bad. I'm just watching the second half now for the first time. I was at the McCort game last night and wasn't watching.

Clemson had an all-American QB that threw two picks at the goal line and a competent coach that should've punted on fourth and one, and they want to blame the refs? Fine by me. All they have to do is look in the mirror.
bigrig15
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by bigrig15 »

This is huge for the program. They have been competitive with good teams just couldn't close out wins and they get a signature win that should give them some confidence and start putting things together. I hope narduzzi stays for awhile I think Pitt could turn into a very good program year in and year out with him
abpk2903
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by abpk2903 »

They beat a top 10 team week 2. Isn't that a signature win? :D
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Hhaha we were favorites in that game. 
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

This win was overall a lot better than penn states. Good job pitt
BlueYonder
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by BlueYonder »

The Penn State win was great because it was PSU and we had not played them since 2000.  However, the win against Clemson was a much better quality win - not even close.  At the time, we were favorites against PSU.  And PSU has improved, but nobody thinks Penn State - even now - is as good as Clemson.  And to beat them on the road - unbelievable  That being said - Pitt has a real problem on defense as they cannot stop anybody.  Especially the pass.  52 for 70 for 590 yards.  Even in a big win that is a little demoralizing.  But hey - I was still excited seeing the score.
bigrig15
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by bigrig15 »

I don't get why they don't play more nickel the D-line is pretty good and before whitehead got hurt he is a very good tackler in the run game but with him being hurt I think it's only going to get worse
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Losing Whitehead is bad news for Pitt, he had a great game against Clemson.