Coaching Vacancies

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
CoachFranklin
Freshman
Freshman

Re: Coaching Vacancies

Post by CoachFranklin »

Crimson's Ghost wrote:Washington, Washington, Washington, Washington, Washington
You got it Crimson! Consistently is the key! #WeAre #PSUnrivaled #107KStrong 
Lol but on a serious note, I’m obviously a PSU fan but i wouldn’t mind seeing Pitt have success also. Do you see Henderson or Whitehead having successful NFL career’s? Was it right for them to leave early? I can see Whitehead doing well but Henderson I’m not so sure about. Also confused why both DiNucci and MacVittie transferred. Wouldn’t they both have had a very good chance at beating out Pickett or at least being the backup?? Who’s going to back up Pickett now?
GoldenRamsFAN
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by GoldenRamsFAN »

I’m also a PSU fan and the call should have been to give him the ball, not a dumb RPO play. And as far as the early draftees for Pitt I see Whitehead and O’Brian being very good in the NFL.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Henderson won't cut it in the NFL. The other two should play a long time. Whitehead is very talented. 
Colonel Mustard
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Colonel Mustard »

Whitehead gets a lot of hype, but I believe he played last year when they couldn't cover anyone. He seemed to get burnt his fair share this year as well. Henderson, I don't see it. Not sure O'Neal was there best lineman either. We'll see. They all probably would have benefited from another year in school.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Whitehead's very good, the rest of the secondary last year was so bad it made him look bad, but he was pretty good anyway.  He was good this year. Amazing against the run, athletic enough he'll develop against the pass in the league. 

O'Neill was undoubtedly the best linemen they had this season, to think otherwise you didn't watch any games this year. 

If they get drafted where they are supposed to, then they made the right decision. 
Colonel Mustard
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Ouch Crimson, you're hurting my feelings. No i didn't watch every play of every game. And I don't have that special tv that zeroes in on the line play. Not saying he isn't good, but even the coaching staff preferred the match-up on the other side some games. Whitehead may be good against the run, not sure his coverage skills are as great as advertised. We'll see.  So you're saying that if some of these guys get drafted 3rd or 4th round, it was a good decision to leave early?
Last edited by Colonel Mustard on December 18th, 2017, 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

Yes.  They are as good as they are going to get.
Colonel Mustard
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

??? Players don't get better or gain valuable experience playing their senior year?
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

Not much, no.
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

Joe Flacco left Pitt years ago and transferred to Delaware. Look where he's at today. Some players blossom with a change of scenery, when they get a chance to play. He who hesitates is lost.