Conference Favorites

Hardwood chatter
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Conference Favorites

Post by 12HankQB »

ChrisKentRam wrote:How does the WestPac boys look Hank?  How do Berlin and Turkeyfoot stack up with one another for the section?  Blacklick Valley in the other section?
I usually only follow the South during basketball season. Turkeyfoot, Shade, Berlin, and Shanksville will be battling for the South. Rockwood has a decent team. Meyersdale and Salisbury are down. I think the South is stronger than the North overall. I think we'll find out a lot about Blacklick tonight in a Vikings match-up with Shanksville. Should be another good year of basketball. 
If only closed minds came with closed mouths
GoldenRamsFAN
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by GoldenRamsFAN »

I think the south is Shades to lose, while the north could be a toss up. I’ll say blacklick wins it. And I wouldn’t be surprised in a blowout win tonight for them. Shanksville is gonna have some growing pains.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

They just showed Liggy how to play defense.
It ain't over until it's over.
GoldenRamsFAN
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by GoldenRamsFAN »

Turkeyfoot isn’t that good. Portage freshmen held them to 56 when I left with 55 seconds left.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Last night was billed as a big night in the LHAC with some intriguing crossover matchups among the two sections. Section II got the better of Section I overall.

-- Penn Cambria hung with Richland, but the Rams turned it up a notch late.  PC shot it well, but Richland just has a lot to account for.  What I like about Richaland is that they are always attacking.  Burke/Zimmerman are always pushing the ball and going right at the defense. Pretty relentless. 
-- McCort and Central Cambria seemed like a tussle for a half, but McCort locked up on defense and shut down CC in the second half. McCort plays hard, always going for loose balls, hustle things - stuff like that. Might not be as talented as last year, but they'll be successful.  Murphy is doing a nice job with them so far. 
-- Johnstown handled Forest Hills, and that's not surprising.  Trojans are really, really talented. New coach, couple new players, I think it may take time until they are at their best.  

Last year Section II was a battle (Johnstown finished 4th, and made it to the Sweet 16 in 4A), it may be that kind of year again.  When Johnstown, Richland, and McCort meet up, those will be must-see games. 

I think Section I will be just as competitive, if not more so.  Almost every team can win the section. 
Prince Sidewinder
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Prince Sidewinder »

WestPAC North
Ferndale or Blacklick Valley
WestPAC South
Shanksville or Shade