Will a 3-7 single A team go to the playoffs?

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
ICCfanatic
Sophomore
Sophomore

Will a 3-7 single A team go to the playoffs?

Post by ICCfanatic »

Considering that it is the 10th week of the season in single-A there are several teams that are on the bubble of winning four games but will remain with three. Will they go to the playoffs with a three and seven record?
PRFootball
Freshman
Freshman

Re: Will a 3-7 single A team go to the playoffs?

Post by PRFootball »

Top 12 teams go.
"Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing"
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

We went to playoffs in '08 at 3-6. We were tied with Rockwood and Meyersdale, but had beat both. We nearly beat the eventual D5 champs Windber 47-38. A late score after a fumble sealed the game. In D5, I don't have a problem with it because of the lack of teams. In D6, I don't know if a 12th team should have that record, but this year in D6A there's not that big of a distance talent wise between the top and bottom. I wouldn't be surprised if Blacklick or McCort upset Portage and JV.
If only closed minds came with closed mouths
ICCfanatic
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by ICCfanatic »

I don’t think that BV would beat JV. I hate to say it but the ICC is way stronger than the WestPac this year considering the only big school in the WestPac is not that great of a team this year. In a crossover situation the ICC would win 7-3 at least.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

Will they?  Yes.  Should they?  Of course not.  7-3 teams shouldn't be going to the playoffs either.  The playoffs should be limited to the top four teams in each classification.  That's a PIAA issue. 
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

ICCfanatic wrote:I don’t think that BV would beat JV.  I hate to say it but the ICC is way stronger than the WestPac this year considering the only big school in the WestPac is not that great of a team this year.  In a crossover situation the ICC would win 7-3 at least.
The WestPAC stinks.  The Heritage Conference stinks.  The LHAC stinks.   The Pittsburgh City League stinks.  The WPIAL stinks.  The Big Ten stinks.  The ACC stinks.  The PAC 12 stinks.  The AFC stinks.  The NFC stinks.  For all we know the ICC stinks too.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

I don't even know why anyone plays sports honestly. Everyone stinks. 
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

ICCfanatic wrote:I don’t think that BV would beat JV.  I hate to say it but the ICC is way stronger than the WestPac this year considering the only big school in the WestPac is not that great of a team this year.  In a crossover situation the ICC would win 7-3 at least.
I meant that BV could possibly beat Portage and BM beat JV as the rankings are currently. ICC does seam to have a lot more at the top, but until you run through playoffs or crossover games...how do you know? JV is 7-2, but they've pulled out some very close wins. Could easily be 4-5. 
If only closed minds came with closed mouths
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Does knowitall -ever- have anything positive to say, about anything?  He should change his name to Donnie Downer.
It ain't over until it's over.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

Manfred stinks.