Blast from the Past

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
TheAncientEnemy2000
Freshman
Freshman

Blast from the Past

Post by TheAncientEnemy2000 »

Hello everybody!

Looks like some of the Old Folks are still here! I have not posted in here in YEARS. Tried to login under my old TheAncientEnemy login and have no idea what the email was so here we are with a new account. Glad this board still exists.

My buddy and I (who also used to post here all the time) are working on a big project. We are looking for a few things...

1. I have the PIAA All-State lists, but we do not have any of the local conference lists, primarily the LHAC. I tried to use the Tribune Democrat's online search and it's a mess. If I was still living in the area and could go to the library and look at actual editions, I would. But, alas. So if anyone has any ideas of where to look for WestPac, LHAC, etc., etc., all-conference lists by years, please let me know.

2. We are also working on a matriculation list of local athletes (where they have gone on to play college ball, through history). I have a pretty solid list of the athlete names by school, based on the PIAA All-State lists. I am hoping I can use this board's expertise to fill in the gaps.

I am happy to be back here, I know it has been a long time, I was coaching for many years out here and just lost touch with a lot of the people back home that were passionate about high school football. Looking forwarding to chatting!
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Blast from the Past

Post by Manfred »

OMG! Is it really you? One of the posters here inquired about you several weeks ago.
It ain't over until it's over.
TheAncientEnemy2000
Freshman
Freshman

Haha, yes it is really me. I will be making several posts soon asking if anyone has specific info on historical rosters.

Glad you are still here, Manfred.
TheAnalyst
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by TheAnalyst »

It was me (cobrajet from LHSports) asking about TAE. Glad to see you back!!

Are you looking for athletes that were either all-state or all-conference and where they went on to play college ball?
TheAncientEnemy2000
Freshman
Freshman

Glad you are still here, too. Been a long time.

I have the all-state lists. I need all-conference lists or if someone can point me in the right direction.

As for where players have matriculated, it is only for certain schools. I'll start posting that stuff shortly.