Football State Championships- WHAT IF

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
TheAnalyst
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Football State Championships- WHAT IF

Post by TheAnalyst »

Garrett Washington did play Arena football and played professionally for a year or two in Europe.
https://bedfordcountysportshalloffame.c ... ngton.html
TheAnalyst
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by TheAnalyst »

And the 1985 Bedford football team was also undefeated. They beat the D6 AA and AAA champs during the season and would have qualified for the state playoffs had they existed. They were a very good team but I wouldn't put them at the level of the 1989 team. They found ways to win games and were usually dominant in the second half, outscoring opponents 166-41 after halftime. Both teams were quarterbacked by brothers, sons of Bedford coach Bill Creps. Billy in 1985 and Brian in 1989.
footballfan1
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by footballfan1 »

What about Mark Dorner and Mike Cottles senior year? 1983 NBC with Brian Koontz was a pretty good A team that year. Might have made a little noise.
Roofee
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Roofee »

LOL!!!! That 89 team was talented beyond belief!!! I played fullback and unfortunately for me blocking Mike Marshall was my responsibility for every play that went his direction!!!! He made me look like such a fool!!! Coach Koontz called timeout early in the second quarter and grabbed me by the face mask and said, if Marshall knocks down one more pass or makes another tackle in the backfield you're on the bench the rest of the night. I said coach I'm doing everything I can, he said get his hands down by whatever means necessary. I'm embarrassed to say what method I used but you can probably fill in the blanks....... unbelievably Mike still talks to me to this day. He's a great guy. He was like trying to block a Silverback gorilla!!!!!
Wrasslerfan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Wrasslerfan »

Roofee wrote: December 5th, 2023, 6:56 am Thanks Wrassler, I knew I would get it wrong, I just remember it came down to the very end. They were so freaking good and so dang physical. Great team. Football fan, Mike Marshall played arena ball, Garrett graduated in the early to mid 80's from Ridge I believe, he played at jmu not sure if he played any after that.
Not a problem at all
Wrestling... What Men do during boys basketball season

Dan Gable
HazyGuy
Freshman
Freshman

Post by HazyGuy »

Those McCort teams of the 60s with Duranko, Stofa, etc. likely would have won a title or two. Believe they had like 3 or 4 consecutive undefeated seasons at one point with multiple NFL players on the roster(s).