Tussey Mountain's New Football Coach

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Head Roadie
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Tussey Mountain's New Football Coach

Post by Head Roadie »

I've heard 3 rumors and have no reason to believe or disbelieve any of them. Tim Lucko, Defensive Coordinator from Bish. Carroll originally from Everett. Tim is a history teacher. Ron Walter, former Head Coach at Chestnut Ridge and more recently Penn Cambria. Walter is an elementary teacher. AJ Nastasi as a package deal if he can get his dad Joe to come and help him. AJ was NB's star foot-bask player who played at WVU and is now back in the area while his dad was the long time head coach at NBC. All three are interesting possibilities. Any other speculation out there??

The rumors I'm hearing aren't that any of these three are getting the job, just that they've expressed interest and/or applied.
Bedrock
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Tussey Mountain's New Football Coach

Post by Bedrock »

Maybe Max Shoemaker??
old school
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by old school »

Speaking of AJ...haven't heard from Hollywood in a long time
"The old lessons (work, self-discipline, sacrifice, teamwork, fighting to achieve) aren't being taught by many people other than football coaches these days....." Paul "Bear" Bryant
ham55
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by ham55 »

He stormed out after he was told to not flood the PSU football forums with "who cares they suck". Hasn't been back since, sorta a big loss around here...

It would be a great opportunity for AJ to go coach there, what would Tussey have to lose? Nothing, I don't think they have won a game in 2 years, maybe 2. Anything would be better than that. I wouldn't want to make that decision, that's for sure.
Lefteyelouie
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Lefteyelouie »

Ron Walters has always been a favorite of mine. He did a nice job while at CR. A.J. would be interesting if his dad came to help. But After reading his posts for the past several months I would question his matureity level. To much trash talking of High School kids. I know Tim and he is a nice guy. But I don't know if I'd want to leave BC as a defensive cor. for the head TM job. Max is one of the greatest coaches and motivators I have ever been around and could work wonders for that program. But I don't see any possability of that happening. With the drive from were he lives he would have to actually teach at TM to make it work.
Lefteyelouie
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Lefteyelouie »

How about this coaching staff.
Head- Max Shoemaker
Off cor- Joe Nastasi
Def cor- Ron Walters
Water boy- A.J. Nastasi (He would be the fastest in the county I think) lol

I know it won't happen. But it would be pretty cool.
TakesDedication07
Junior
Junior

Post by TakesDedication07 »

I Like Tim Lucko for the job... i mean he is a good guy and is def. a good coach..since for his years coaching he has provided a key element in the success of Bishop Carrol .. helping them to get to the state championship and numerous playoff appearances ... He has suffered heartbreaking losses ( def. state championship )..and GIANT Victories...He played college football and was a darn good player both for college and high school... Meaning he IS most definately knowledgable when it comes to being around football. Head Coaching is exactly the step he needs from his position as of now for bishop carrol. I also believe he is able to turn the program around ..Not saying STATE CHAMPION ...but i am saying give him time ..and in years to come he will have tussey back on its feet... meaning really all that tussey kids need is just a knowledgable coach and a fun one to be around and help the kids grow.. Not taking anything away from Nace or anyone ..but def some position coaches on that team def. had some major football issues. Also to me ( like probably many others ) a team should consist of Respectful Coaches and Players..Each showing the respect giving and taking ... and at tussey..respect really was not shown sharingly ...more like demanding... And tim has what they need.
Sorry Though For Spelling Errors
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."
---Martin Luther King, Jr.
Bedrock
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Bedrock »

There is talk of Bishop Carroll closing so TM might be a good fit for Tim if he can get a teaching job.
The rumor mill also has sponsky looking at going to Penn Cambria.

I was just kidding about Max.
Lefteyelouie
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Lefteyelouie »

I know Bedrock. I didn't take it to seriously. To bad if thats true bout BC closing. I guess that means that school like Blacklick would have to deal with some of these kids in their program.
southpaw
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by southpaw »

Anyone care to comment more on the rumor of BC closing?
"I'm your huckleberry"