McCort wrestling/athletic program gets probation.

Shoot the half!!!
Crushersports
Freshman
Freshman
Posts: 45
Joined: August 18th, 2017, 1:50 pm
Reputation: 5

Re: Corruption at Shawshank

Postby Crushersports » November 9th, 2017, 3:21 pm

Crimson's Ghost wrote:
Crushersports wrote:
Crimson's Ghost wrote:It's my understanding these are well deserved sanctions, and the wrestling program has been nothing but a problem since it's inception.



Just a reminder to keep things civil on here. That's goes for anytime, but just a friendly reminder as this thread will surely go on like crazy.

The wrestling program has been a problem? Please elaborate if you would...

It was just placed on a 2 year probation, that's pretty much the story. 

You said since it's Inception and do you know the details of the probation?
Also three of that programs athletes just signed letters of intent to D-I schools. The kids are class acts all of them and so is Shad Benton.



  • Advertisement
Crushersports
Freshman
Freshman
Posts: 45
Joined: August 18th, 2017, 1:50 pm
Reputation: 5

Re: McCort wrestling/athletic program gets probation.

Postby Crushersports » November 9th, 2017, 3:25 pm

12HankQB wrote:
Crushersports wrote:I'm not disagreeing with any sanction. What I disagree with is how folks on  the public school side of the debate just turn a blind eye to the fact that kids transfer everywhere, not just private school. The huge difference in this is that their parents are paying for it. You wanna be mad you should be mad when kids attend your public school and don't pay school taxes or tuition if they reside elsewhere.

You can clamor on all day about this topic but let's not act like public schools are innocent.

It's not all that often that public schools in our local area dominate as BG, BC, and BM have done in many sports. Transfers happen to all schools yes, but at a public school it adds to whats already there in the district. At a private school, the transfer adds to what is already a melting pot of talent from the local area. I argued it on the other page just the same and it's dumb to argue at this point because we've gone over it a million times. If the privates would be held to a different standard then nobody would care, but for anyone to say there's no difference between public and private it as I stated before....ridiculous, naive, ignorant, simpleminded, etc.

I think all privates should at least play up a classification or an average of the students at the schools where your player comes from to level it out. BG theoretically should be 4A or 5A, McCort 3A or 4A.
Did you ever notice though when the privates are down and getting their teeth kicked in no one utters a word, but when they get good the floodgates open 

Crushersports
Freshman
Freshman
Posts: 45
Joined: August 18th, 2017, 1:50 pm
Reputation: 5

Re: McCort wrestling/athletic program gets probation.

Postby Crushersports » November 9th, 2017, 3:25 pm

12HankQB wrote:
Crushersports wrote:I'm not disagreeing with any sanction. What I disagree with is how folks on  the public school side of the debate just turn a blind eye to the fact that kids transfer everywhere, not just private school. The huge difference in this is that their parents are paying for it. You wanna be mad you should be mad when kids attend your public school and don't pay school taxes or tuition if they reside elsewhere.

You can clamor on all day about this topic but let's not act like public schools are innocent.

It's not all that often that public schools in our local area dominate as BG, BC, and BM have done in many sports. Transfers happen to all schools yes, but at a public school it adds to whats already there in the district. At a private school, the transfer adds to what is already a melting pot of talent from the local area. I argued it on the other page just the same and it's dumb to argue at this point because we've gone over it a million times. If the privates would be held to a different standard then nobody would care, but for anyone to say there's no difference between public and private it as I stated before....ridiculous, naive, ignorant, simpleminded, etc.

I think all privates should at least play up a classification or an average of the students at the schools where your player comes from to level it out. BG theoretically should be 4A or 5A, McCort 3A or 4A.
Did you ever notice though when the privates are down and getting their teeth kicked in no one utters a word, but when they get good the floodgates open 

User avatar
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Posts: 8523
Joined: June 24th, 2011, 10:43 am
Reputation: 433

Re: McCort wrestling/athletic program gets probation.

Postby Crimson's Ghost » November 9th, 2017, 3:27 pm

Johnstown Basketball served probation for a few years for receiving something like 5 technical fouls in a playoff game. I know 2 School Administrators had to attend every game for a 2-3 year period, I'm not sure if there were more repercussions other than that.


I never said the three kids were causing problems.

ERAChamp
Freshman
Freshman
Posts: 16
Joined: July 26th, 2017, 12:51 pm
Reputation: 5

Re: McCort wrestling/athletic program gets probation.

Postby ERAChamp » November 9th, 2017, 3:31 pm

DCor50 wrote:Bishop McCort on probation for recruiting?  This can't be, no way.  They don't recruit, just ask all their fans and parents.  They play by the their rules.  Do whatever they want and it finally bit them in A$$!  It's about time.....good job D6!!

You do realize this simply amounts to a slap on the wrist?  Other than a possible public embarrassment what else happened that you are overjoyed about?

User avatar
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach
Posts: 1875
Joined: August 29th, 2009, 4:32 pm
Reputation: 418
Location: Mile 129

Re: McCort wrestling/athletic program gets probation.

Postby 12HankQB » November 9th, 2017, 3:35 pm

Crushersports wrote:
12HankQB wrote:
Crushersports wrote:I'm not disagreeing with any sanction. What I disagree with is how folks on  the public school side of the debate just turn a blind eye to the fact that kids transfer everywhere, not just private school. The huge difference in this is that their parents are paying for it. You wanna be mad you should be mad when kids attend your public school and don't pay school taxes or tuition if they reside elsewhere.

You can clamor on all day about this topic but let's not act like public schools are innocent.

It's not all that often that public schools in our local area dominate as BG, BC, and BM have done in many sports. Transfers happen to all schools yes, but at a public school it adds to whats already there in the district. At a private school, the transfer adds to what is already a melting pot of talent from the local area. I argued it on the other page just the same and it's dumb to argue at this point because we've gone over it a million times. If the privates would be held to a different standard then nobody would care, but for anyone to say there's no difference between public and private it as I stated before....ridiculous, naive, ignorant, simpleminded, etc.

I think all privates should at least play up a classification or an average of the students at the schools where your player comes from to level it out. BG theoretically should be 4A or 5A, McCort 3A or 4A.
Did you ever notice though when the privates are down and getting their teeth kicked in no one utters a word, but when they get good the floodgates open 

No, because at that point the schools are usually struggling with enrollment and trying to stay afloat. Private schools have real highs and serious lows. I certainly don't want these schools to fail, nor do I care if parents want to send their kids there for academics or sports as long as they are held to a different standard. Even then it's tough because their successes and droughts come so fast.
If only closed minds came with closed mouths

User avatar
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach
Posts: 1875
Joined: August 29th, 2009, 4:32 pm
Reputation: 418
Location: Mile 129

Re: McCort wrestling/athletic program gets probation.

Postby 12HankQB » November 9th, 2017, 3:36 pm

McCort should be forced to sit for the first quarter against Westmont...at least that's the type of punishment we've seen this year. (this is a joke fyi, so stop what you're thinking)
If only closed minds came with closed mouths

Crushersports
Freshman
Freshman
Posts: 45
Joined: August 18th, 2017, 1:50 pm
Reputation: 5

Re: McCort wrestling/athletic program gets probation.

Postby Crushersports » November 9th, 2017, 3:40 pm

Crimson's Ghost wrote:Johnstown Basketball served probation for a few years for receiving something like 5 technical fouls in a playoff game. I know 2 School Administrators had to attend every game for a 2-3 year period, I'm not sure if there were more repercussions other than that.


I never said the three kids were causing problems.

When you say the "program" that makes it sound like all encompassing. There are issues with all sports at all schools I don't think anything at mccort is any different. But unless you go to matches or spend time around the wrestlers or coaches or know how they are in school or in the community I don't think it's a problem.

boxer156
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant
Posts: 246
Joined: January 2nd, 2008, 9:53 am
Reputation: 0

Re: Corruption at Shawshank

Postby boxer156 » November 9th, 2017, 5:56 pm

Manfred wrote:
Crushersports wrote:Big surprise, the upper crust folks at Westmont have been crying for two years since they lose McCort in their co-opinion and certain parents have had a vendetta against them since. You never saw these parents **** and whine when Westmont had kids from three schools and was kicking everyone's asses.

You're probably right, but I think it had something to do with a kid from Bedford/ Florida/ Chestnut Ridge.

Funny, because the article i just read on line in the Trib said that YOUR school filed the complaint.  All over some middle school kids getting talked to, lol.
Guess you will now have to troll some new high school kid, or maybe you can start picking Forest Hills for crying  about a 7th grader for trying to better himself by getting a different workout, and trying to get better.  Idiot.

knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach
Posts: 1622
Joined: March 23rd, 2005, 5:58 pm
Reputation: 194
Contact:

Re: McCort wrestling/athletic program gets probation.

Postby knowitall » November 9th, 2017, 6:17 pm

Reading that article gave me the impression that the suspended coach wasn’t taught the proper way to recruit.


Return to “Wrestling”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests