McCort wrestling/athletic program gets probation.

Shoot the half!!!
Digger
Freshman
Freshman
Posts: 28
Joined: December 17th, 2014, 2:01 pm
Reputation: 8

Re: McCort wrestling/athletic program gets probation.

Postby Digger » November 10th, 2017, 8:47 pm

The worst thing about this is that in my opinion the wrong man was prosecuted. Mr Andrews is an incredible individual that not only has contributed to our sport for many years but also to the local community. As a Westmont person I can truly say that it's a travesty that not only did a good man get thrown under the bus but that D6 completely ignored the evidence. So I guess it's business as usual.



  • Advertisement
Crushersports
Freshman
Freshman
Posts: 41
Joined: August 18th, 2017, 1:50 pm
Reputation: 4

Re: McCort wrestling/athletic program gets probation.

Postby Crushersports » November 13th, 2017, 9:00 pm

Digger wrote:The worst thing about this is that in my opinion the wrong man was prosecuted. Mr Andrews is an incredible individual that not only has contributed to our sport for many years but also to the local community. As a Westmont person I can truly say that it's a travesty that not only did a good man get thrown under the bus but that D6 completely ignored the evidence. So I guess it's business as usual.

I find it humorous that adults get so bent out of shape over other adults paying money for their children to get a private education.
I find it humorous to hear Westmont people get pissed because they think something was taken from them even though those kids weren't Westmont kids. Your team still wouldn't win a state team title. Maybe go watch Reynolds, Brookville, Southern Columbia, it isn't happening.
To hear people personally attack other people who have been friends with each other for ten plus years. People who have personally helped them out in times of need. It all just makes me giggle.
To watch the Coach's sister act like a child on social media and to see other parents talk so much trash on teenagers really shows you how disgusting our society has become. Folks need to step back and re-evaluate their lives.

Aiks19
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Posts: 344
Joined: November 1st, 2015, 1:19 pm
Reputation: 61

Re: McCort wrestling/athletic program gets probation.

Postby Aiks19 » November 13th, 2017, 9:19 pm

Colonel Mustard wrote:The real issue is the unfair advantage that private schools have, whether kids are recruited or go on their own free will. Can someone give me a good reason why the PIAA doesn't see this inequity, or doesn't care? And why do the privates so badly want to stay in the PIAA? Is there some monetary reward for beating up on the publics? Many of the smaller sports- bball, volleyball, softball, have essentially become travel/AAU teams at the private schools. What do they get out of beating-up inferior public schools? It's like these clowns that put travel teams into rec leagues. No one is getting anything out of that!

Inferior public schools? You act like public schools don't do this . Outside of BG's run ( which will end) none of the local private schools dominate like you say. And the fact is there isn't that many private schools around. They would probably rather play public schools for if nothing else , travel.

El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach
Posts: 8422
Joined: May 15th, 2004, 11:58 pm
Reputation: 124
Contact:

Re: McCort wrestling/athletic program gets probation.

Postby El-Moldo » November 13th, 2017, 10:04 pm

How "disgusting society has become"? Society is governed by rules. One rule, be it private or public, is the "no transferring for athletic reasons" rule in the PIAA. What prompts kids to transfer? Being approached by one school to encourage a student to leave his present school and move to another? Especially if there is a benefit for the kid to transfer, whether it is on the elementary level or higher. BM got caught. And they must pay the piper.

TyBiggums17
Freshman
Freshman
Posts: 13
Joined: November 26th, 2016, 1:01 am
Reputation: 9

Re: McCort wrestling/athletic program gets probation.

Postby TyBiggums17 » November 14th, 2017, 1:57 am

Aiks19 wrote:
Colonel Mustard wrote:The real issue is the unfair advantage that private schools have, whether kids are recruited or go on their own free will. Can someone give me a good reason why the PIAA doesn't see this inequity, or doesn't care? And why do the privates so badly want to stay in the PIAA? Is there some monetary reward for beating up on the publics? Many of the smaller sports- bball, volleyball, softball, have essentially become travel/AAU teams at the private schools. What do they get out of beating-up inferior public schools? It's like these clowns that put travel teams into rec leagues. No one is getting anything out of that!

Inferior public schools? You act like public schools don't do this . Outside of BG's run ( which will end) none of the local private schools dominate like you say. And the fact is there isn't that many private schools around. They would probably rather play public schools for if nothing else , travel.

Between class A and AA, since 1998, the three 'Bishops' have WON 15 D6 football titles. 15 of 38 between the two classes over the last 19 years. That's a pretty high level of success considering they (private) make up a very very very small percentage of the district. Now, if you consider they may have even more APPEARANCES in the finals than wins, they might be even closer to 50% when it comes to appearances.

JTMcMahonLV
Freshman
Freshman
Posts: 35
Joined: October 22nd, 2015, 10:50 pm
Reputation: 6

Re: McCort wrestling/athletic program gets probation.

Postby JTMcMahonLV » November 14th, 2017, 6:57 am

During the probation period McCort athletics should be banned from any postseason participation! Students don't go to these schools for athletics anyways (sarcasm), they're just open for the great education offered, so allow them to participate in the regular season but ban them from any postseason participation. We all know these schools recruit and McCort was caught with their hand in the cookie jars so they should make an example of McCort and send a message to these other private schools.

User avatar
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach
Posts: 1834
Joined: August 29th, 2009, 4:32 pm
Reputation: 388
Location: Mile 129

Re: McCort wrestling/athletic program gets probation.

Postby 12HankQB » November 14th, 2017, 7:59 am

Well I wouldn't go that far. Similar to the PSU scandal, I do not think that students/kids/athletes should be punished for what is conducted by adults. If you keep McCort out of postseason, yes they'll learn their lesson, but kids that did it right will also be punished. This punishment should be handed to the individuals at fault. Don't ruin a kids high school dreams over something a grown adult did.
If only closed minds came with closed mouths

Crushersports
Freshman
Freshman
Posts: 41
Joined: August 18th, 2017, 1:50 pm
Reputation: 4

Re: McCort wrestling/athletic program gets probation.

Postby Crushersports » November 14th, 2017, 10:52 am

JTMcMahonLV wrote:During the probation period McCort athletics should be banned from any postseason participation! Students don't go to these schools for athletics anyways (sarcasm), they're just open for the great education offered, so allow them to participate in the regular season but ban them from any postseason participation. We all know these schools recruit and McCort was caught with their hand in the cookie jars so they should make an example of McCort and send a message to these other private schools.

And if Ligonier never got Laurel Valley kids they'd still be the same bottom feeder that they always were. They should come solidity small schools and have open enrollment. You're eligible to go to whatever school you choose within A certain radius, just like a lot of states do. It would solve a lot of issues.
I like when people **** because the privates are good, yet no one says a word when they aren't. Look at BC when they were terrible no one cares and everyone liked beating them. Then they got good and got booted from the Appalachian. BG became a power now everyone hates them. McCort had a string of bad teams and crickets. Now they have been on a slight upward trend and boom. Wrestling team wins and there's an uproar. 

dmsurvey
Freshman
Freshman
Posts: 2
Joined: August 25th, 2017, 7:25 am
Reputation: 1

Re: McCort wrestling/athletic program gets probation.

Postby dmsurvey » November 14th, 2017, 11:52 am

don't ban the individual students from competing,
ban the "team" from competing in any "team competition", which means forfeiting dual results and tournament points and includes the postseason.
recruiting means "teams" and "team competition" is not on a level playing field. it's a violation of the current rules and is cheating.

JTMcMahonLV
Freshman
Freshman
Posts: 35
Joined: October 22nd, 2015, 10:50 pm
Reputation: 6

Re: McCort wrestling/athletic program gets probation.

Postby JTMcMahonLV » November 14th, 2017, 7:02 pm

Don't worry crusher, I root for every private school to lose at everything, even if they are already terrible. If BC or St Joes loses 50-0 I am disappointed it wasn't 60-0. It's even better to root against a good private school team, especially when your team is a public school, and the team that will beat them for a second straight year. I wish public schools would put it to the private schools when they are down, because everybody knows that one good recruiting year and they're back at the top. McCort has had 3 bad seasons in football since 2004 so I wouldn't consider that a string of bad teams. They probdbly just fired the recruiting coordinator after those years and replaced him, and now look McCort back towards the top.


Return to “Wrestling”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests