Coaching Families

Feature Articles, General Announcements, Etc.
Sneakers
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Coaching Families

Post by Sneakers »

Summer is a time for fun right?? I'll have fun beginning this post....(but I didn't know which forum heading to hide it under)...

Here's the challenge...give me the name of a family, with (3) different people, closely related, of which all 3 people have:
been a head coach of a PIAA varsity sport, all in the same county...(will accept same PIAA district, if have to extend to multiple counties)....Also must be 3 different sports (boys' BB and girls' BB considered same sport)....

Bedord County's Answer:
1.) Brode- Brian - Tussey's girls basketball in the 80's, Mike- Northern Bedford softball late 80's, early 90's and now Dan-Tussey Tennis 2015...Brian's and Mike's grandparents were Dan's great-grandparents.

Who am I missing?
Creps (2 people in Bedford county)...wrestling and track...a third Creps, different county and also same sport right?
Reeds- Rick and Rob, still need a third, Tussey Baseball and softball, considered same sport?, different gender?
Blair County...Applemans 4 or 5 people?...but all basketball?
Fulton? only 2 Gelvins right? Jeff and Randy...just thought, Jeff's wife a third? but only 2 sports? basketball and baseball.
only Craig and Brown Cutchall, is there a third? also need a third sport, Basketball, Softball and???

Cambria and Blair probably have someone
dadw/2sons
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Coaching Families

Post by dadw/2sons »

Good post. I have one in Huntingdon County. The Corneliuses. Gene base back in the 70's and before for SH, Tracy softball in the 2010's for F-M, and Todd basketball, just recently for SH. A father and 2 sons, that is not considering Gene's brother and nephew also coached at Southern.
Sneakers
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Sneakers »

Fannett-Metal...not a Huntingdon county school, nor in the same district 5/6 but that is good.
dadw/2sons
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by dadw/2sons »

What district does F-M play in? They don't compete in District 3 even though that is where they are located.
Sneakers
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Sneakers »

I meant SH and FM were different districts.