Should the new A class in 6 classification be used for 7 man football?

Feature Articles, General Announcements, Etc.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Should the new A class in 6 classification be used for 7 man football?

Post by konjo78 »

"Teams like clairton and bg might move up to avoid blowouts" yeah ok we will believe that one ;)
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

If teams that weren't very good folded there would be about a dozen schools or so left that fielded football teams.  Richland wasn't very good for twenty years or so.  Somerset was pretty miserable for an extended period.  United has had a rough go of it lately.  
TAHS92Alum
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by TAHS92Alum »

The difference is Berlin and Portage is winning football games. If Ferndale had a 8-2 season, how many kids do you think would go out next year?

Philipsburg is probably the poster child here, 2A soon to be 3A school with 25 kids on the roster including freshman. This program was tough in past years with large rosters.

Here is the reality, parents play a part in this. Some don't want their kids on a football field, injury concussions, a long term effects. A lot of school have introduced soccer which also takes prospective athletes. Then you have the commitment factor which seems to encompass all sports these days, summer lifting, running, and then 10 to 15 grueling weeks. As the years continue on I don't see a lot of class changes or 7 man football. I think the latest and greatest is Co-OP's between schools.

Just my opinion.
-BIRDS OF PREY-