Historical time travel!

General Chit-Chat, Movies/TV, No Sports Discussion. Be that guy with his crew at the coffee shop at 6 am...
Coach
Website Founder
Website Founder

Historical time travel!

Post by Coach »

If you had the ability to go back in time and you could witness any historical event first hand (sports or non sports), what would it be? Every time I visit Gettysburg, it makes me think I would like to go back in time to when Pickett's charge was taking place. Imagine being a witness to those couple hours of fighting. Unreal.
Make sure you Like BleacherCoaches.com on Facebook! Make it easier for us to reach you!!!!

http://www.facebook.com/bleachercoaches
Husker33
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Historical time travel!

Post by Husker33 »

Patton's charge to relieve Bastogne during the Battle of the Bulge would be mine.
“Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it.”
-Henry Ford

“Gentleman, this is a football. Before we’re through, we’re gonna run it down everybody’s throats.”
-Vince Lombardi
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

The crucifixion. Like it or not, the greatest event in the history of man.
It ain't over until it's over.
old school
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by old school »

I'd love to witness the resurrection of Jesus....now that is the greatest event in the history of man!
"The old lessons (work, self-discipline, sacrifice, teamwork, fighting to achieve) aren't being taught by many people other than football coaches these days....." Paul "Bear" Bryant
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Yes, I should have been a little more specific- the crucifixion -AND- the resurrection. One event led directly to the other.
It ain't over until it's over.
dadw/2sons
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by dadw/2sons »

Those 3 days would have been the ultimate roller coaster ride of emotions.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

I'd love to overlook Gettysburg during the battle.
ClaraM16
Freshman
Freshman

Post by ClaraM16 »

Coach wrote: May 19th, 2014, 10:08 pm If you had the ability to go back in time and you could witness any historical event first hand (sports or non sports), what would it be? Every time I visit Gettysburg, it makes me think I would like to go back in time to when Pickett's charge was taking place meilleure assurance chat . Imagine being a witness to those couple hours of fighting. Unreal.
Well, it would be really lucky to be able to attend this kind of event, don't you think.
Blueandwhitefan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Blueandwhitefan »

D-day!!!!
You're only young once, but you can be immature forever!!!
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

Coach, thank you for providing a topic that makes my tail wag. Those are all solid choices. Going back to the grassy knoll would be a good one. Watching Iwo Jima get shelled and bombed would be pretty crazy. Watching Gettysburg/Antietam/Austerlitz/Waterloo from overhead would be insane. When you see maps you only see blue and red lines in the Civil War, but what you don't see is the horses and wagons. How hard it was to get men to move to the right locations/coordination without direct communication. You take a set of walkie talkies to the battle of Gettysburg and you're looking at a completely different event. The movie Gettysburg is a classic and well done, but if you did it with the historical accuracy of Saving Private Ryan, most would be throwing up. I know I'm not walking into Cushing's double cannister fire....
If only closed minds came with closed mouths