Konjo's top 5 movies of 2018 so far

General Chit-Chat, Movies/TV, No Sports Discussion. Be that guy with his crew at the coffee shop at 6 am...
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Konjo's top 5 movies of 2018 so far

Post by konjo78 »

1. A Quiet Place: A great horror/thriller flick with an original feel to it. The simple concept of being quiet lead to a theater experience where there is near dead silence and every small sound made me jump.
2. Avengers Infinity War: This movie did something truly amazing. It put over a handful of different franchises together, had a great villian, lived up to expectations and was not afraid to do the ending right. This movie is everything you want out of an action movie from comedy to a villian that you understand their motives. 
3. Annihilation: A thrilling aventure that was everything hollywood is trying to push, but ignores here. This movie had a great original plot, strong women actors at the lead playing strong characters, and great visual effects. For me this is truly the sleeper of 2018 so far that deserves a lot more eyes to watch it.
4. Won't You Be My Neighbor: A documentary looking back at Fred Rogers, better known as Mister Rogers, and what he accomplished during his life. This movie is not released in every theater but I truly recommend going to see it told a wonderful story I feel we all could use in some way now.
5. Incredibles 2: Pixar rarely fails to make an impact during movie season and that is true here. A superhero movie while also showing us the troubles parents go through on an everyday basis! By the end of the day you realize being a parent is truly being a superhero itself.
Last edited by konjo78 on July 2nd, 2018, 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wrasslerfan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Konjo's top 5 movies of 2018 so far

Post by Wrasslerfan »

good reviews konjo
Wrestling... What Men do during boys basketball season

Dan Gable
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

Annahilation = Natalie Portman = I'm sold
If only closed minds came with closed mouths
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

12HankQB wrote:Annahilation = Natalie Portman = I'm sold
I honestly do not know why this movie got thrown aside by the studio. It was decently recieved by critic and audiences while also hitting notes hollywood is "trying" to push.
1. All women cast for the most part
2. Strong women characters.
3. Diversity.
All 3 things without making stereotype characters to fit the role.