The Indiana - LHAC Rumor

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Sgt. O'Rourke
Senior
Senior

Re: The Indiana - LHAC Rumor

Post by Sgt. O'Rourke »

Geography isn't some folks' strong suit. Lewisburg is, indeed, waaaaaayyyyyyy out Rt. 45 past Penns Valley, and it INDEED IS in District 4. Lewistown, on the other hand, is, this week anyway, still in D6. They've been trying to get out for several years now, but are as far as I know, still IN D6.
davesandstorm
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by davesandstorm »

Lewistown is kind of out in the middle of no mans land. I think they'd be just as far from the schools they'd play if they moved to District 3, as they are from the ones they play in District 6.
coachcarter
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by coachcarter »

I meant Lewistown, not Lewisburg.
Big Ike
Junior
Junior

Post by Big Ike »

FlyOnTheWall wrote:
Dfense wins games wrote: Most teams wouldnt want to make that trip to Indiana... esp. if its against a AAA team. Most teams dont care about the trip to CH becuase its almost an automatic "W".
quote]

Teams travel to Johnstown and Somerset to play AAA trips. Indiana is not the program they use to be. Over the past few seasons, they have medicore at best.
cougaralumn97
Freshman
Freshman

Post by cougaralumn97 »

I know indiana's AD through his cousin and he said there is no chance of indiana going to D6 while he is there because D6 is weak competition and the wpial is more competetive for them...personally i dont think it'd be a bad move for indiana considering the past 15 years they've had 3 winning seasons but the last time they were in d6 i believe the coach was mcgowan? and they ran the table on most teams in this area...if indiana was interested in bringing there program up to a powerhouse again this would be in there best interest cause of the lack of size of school and talent but i highly doubt any change will occur...there doin fine in the wpial the past few years and i cant see them jumpin over
GoDragons
Senior
Senior

Post by GoDragons »

HEAD Roadie. You can call it “realignment” if it helps you sleep better at night. But CR was kicked out. Why wasn’t CR’s AD invited to the “realignment” meeting? You are and always will be a sniveling little weenie in this situation just like you have been all your life on the basketball court. You are a sore loser and a cry baby, and couldn’t stand losing to CR in any sport, especially track and football. As for other posts, CR’s classification enrollment is 218 boys, making it one of the smallest AA schools in District 5/6 with the cutoff being 198. Go blow smoke up someone else’s butt.
trojanpanther
Junior
Junior

Post by trojanpanther »

Indiana must still be reeling from that 1986 District 6-AAAA Football Championship loss to Johnstown Vo-Tech!
sydfinch
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by sydfinch »

trojanpanther wrote:Indiana must still be reeling from that 1986 District 6-AAAA Football Championship loss to Johnstown Vo-Tech!
What a great game that was!
longball5
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by longball5 »

wasn't this alignment of the ICC intended to provide an all-sports conference?

Do you really believe that CR was interested in an all-sports conference? And I've been around long enough to know how CR has been jumping and moving as it suits their whims....these teams for this sport, but a different set of teams for other sports....whatever is best for them, not the body as a whole...
trojanpanther
Junior
Junior

Post by trojanpanther »

Sure a great game sydfinch! 7-6 at Cambria Heights. I remember Rozich having a big game and the Spartans defense was stellar!