The Indiana - LHAC Rumor

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
The Ancient Enemy
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

The Indiana - LHAC Rumor

Post by The Ancient Enemy »

I'm a little out of the loop right now. Any update on the rumor that Indiana was potentially making a conference jump to the LHAC? Any more movements I should know about?
"I can and will be hard anytime with or without my boyz!!!" - Hollywood

"Their jerseys make me want to run through the desert and tackle a terrorist." - nLions1
Crimson09Crazy

Re: The Indiana - LHAC Rumor

Post by Crimson09Crazy »

havent heard LHAC but I have heard they will be leaving the wpial and joining D6
in 2011
Head Roadie
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Head Roadie »

If that's the case and Indiana does indeed return to D6, they will have to find a league. WPIAL sectionalizes and won't let a Dist. 6 team in one of their sections. If true then the LHAC would be the logical choice if they find a second team to join with them (unless someone is leaving).

If Indiana does leave the WPIAL then it wouldn't be too crazy to predict one of two things......Cambria Hts. leaving the LHAC for the WESTpac and Indiana filling their spot -OR- Indiana and Chestnut Ridge to the LHAC.
Jolly Green
Senior
Senior

Post by Jolly Green »

With 12 teams already in the LHAC, I can't belieive that they would got to 14. People are already talking about the fact that McCort won't play Forest Hills for the next two years. If you add one team to each section, you would have six "in-section" games (required) and only play 3 of the 7 teams in the other section, or 4 of them if a 10-game league schedule was established. Even at that, there would be a 3-year gap where two teams wouldn't play. If Indiana does join the LHAC, it seems more likley that someone else (like Cambria Heights or Richland) would leave.
If you don't know where you're going, you'll probably end up somewhere else.
colonelsanders
Senior
Senior

Post by colonelsanders »

would it not be more logical if CH would go to the hertiage if they were to leave?
Head Roadie
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Head Roadie »

Colonel, Yes it would, but the Heritage has an even number.....unless a Blairsville/Saltsburg or Ligonier/Laurel Valley merger occurs. I would think Blacklick or Portage might be anxious to jump to the Heritage also if a merger created an opening.

One things for sure, the league "merry-go-round" isn't over, and probably won't be in the foreseeable future.
Crimsoncrush67
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Crimsoncrush67 »

Crazy idea here but why not just lump them all like the wip? It could look pretty crazy, but there would be some great matchups.
coachcarter
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by coachcarter »

Crimson, that would make sense, but district 6 tends to not make sense. First of all, district 6 is way too big. A team like Blairsville would have to travel 2-3 hours to play a road playoff game in a place like Mount Union. You have teams like Ferndale and Richland who are closer to the district 5 teams then most teams in district 6. My understanding is that the idea to group classes together and put them in sections like the whip does was brought up, but teams like Johnstown and Somerset fought it because they don't want to have to travel so far for games.
Crimsoncrush67
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Crimsoncrush67 »

I agree with bringing them together and creating sections. There could be some huge new rivalries. If McCort had to play Tyrone or PO everyyear plus maybe ridge it could be great football. MY vote is lump them together and section them off.
FlyOnTheWall
Freshman
Freshman

Post by FlyOnTheWall »

If the area would go to that kind of a Format, the same as the WPIAL, I think McCort would be hurt, since now they are a Class A school they would lose a lot of their classic rivalry games. It would also hurt their recruiting of players. The better players will want to stay at the bigger schools since McCort would then have to play schools like Ferndale, Conemaugh Valley, United, Ligonier Valley, Laurel Valley, Conemaugh Township, Windber and Portage.