Rangers-Trojans

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
sportsfan1000
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Rangers-Trojans

Post by sportsfan1000 »

Is Johnstown better than everyone thought, is Forest Hills worse than everyone thought, or neither?
G.Simon
Freshman
Freshman

Re: Rangers-Trojans

Post by G.Simon »

both... definitely
vman
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by vman »

How many penalty yds did Jtwn have ? Heard they had quite a few.....tough when Donbo has his cronies officiate!
I have to say thank you to me ..." for not being stupid enough to go to Penn State."
Opinionguy
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Opinionguy »

sportsfan1000 wrote:Is Johnstown better than everyone thought, is Forest Hills worse than everyone thought, or neither?
Give Johnstown credit...they there is no doubt they outplayed Forest Hills in the second half. Forest Hills was up 21-0 early in the second quarter and failed to put the game away. Then they came out the second half and couldn't run the football. I'm not going to sugar coat it...that was an ugly win. But at the same time you are talking about a team that really doesn't know how to win yet...and they are playing a lot of underclassmen in key positions. With Bedford next week...and then BG to follow FH needs to sure a few things up in the upcoming weeks.
vman wrote:How many penalty yds did Jtwn have ? Heard they had quite a few.....tough when Donbo has his cronies officiate!
Johnstown did have a ton of penalty yards. Their line play was suspect and they were holding McCarty all night (yea we know green tinted glasses)...sometimes with both arms wrapped around him and it wasn't being called. Bottom line is...Johnstown should be worried about not giving up 21 points to start a game instead about whining about officials. Nice usual cheap shot though Vman.

It’s going to be an interesting season as usual in the LHAC this year. I really haven't been impressed with any team (haven't seen BG yet...wasn't impressed with McCort in the FH scrimmage).

I think a lot of teams are replacing some pretty good players that graduated last year, and a lot of the teams fall into that category. I'm sure these teams will find an identity in the coming weeks...but for now the LHAC crown is anyone's for the taking.
And the last thing I must tell you...NEVER QUIT!
flybynight
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by flybynight »

vman wrote:How many penalty yards did Jtown have ? Heard they had quite a few.....tough when Donbo has his cronies officiate!

Jtown had like 8 snap infractions. They were a very undisciplined team. Rangers need to step up there game either way.
Jesus hates McCort because ________________ .
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

My question about the end of the FH game is, why didn't Johnstown go for 2 after that last TD and try to win the game outright. There is an old adage: Go for the tie at home, go for the win on the road. With only 1:06 to go in the game after the Trojans 3rd touchdown, they had everything going for them. All the momentum, big line, speedy QB, FH discouraged and on the ropes. And no extra point kick is automatic anyway. Heck, they just completed a TD on a 4th and 17 into the endzone. Why not go for it?
lakersfan24
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by lakersfan24 »

If they had tried the 2 point conversion and failed people would be calling Johnstowns coach an idiot and you would be asking why not kick it Moldo. It wasn't a bad decision, like you said FH seemed discouraged.. until overtime began that is.
pats39
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by pats39 »

thats what i Like about VMAN and most McCort people on here, always have to throw in one cheap shot at a rival winning team to make them feel better about their teams bad performance :D
vman
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by vman »

Opinionguy wrote:[. Nice usual cheap shot though Vman.
pats39 wrote:thats what i Like about VMAN and most McCort people on here, always have to throw in one cheap shot at a rival winning team to make them feel better about their teams bad performance :D

Touchy, touchy, touchy there OPie & patty.....I was just the messenger, feeding back what 2 Jtwners claimed (one being a coach)!

And patty....BM really did not have a bad performance.....a win on the road against the team w/ the best qb in the area despite giving up some huge plays (again credit to BG & esp. their qb)...and BM's offense is finding itself & will definitely improve & be tougher to deal w/ as the weeks go on.....also certain their defense will not make nearly as many mistakes as they did Fri nite!

Don't you just love FB season????

and BTW, in the recap thread it's your boi La Molda that brought up dig/cheapshot re officiating!
Last edited by vman on September 7th, 2008, 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have to say thank you to me ..." for not being stupid enough to go to Penn State."
G.Simon
Freshman
Freshman

Post by G.Simon »

yeahh
Last edited by G.Simon on September 8th, 2008, 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.