Richland @ McCort

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Crimson09Crazy

Re: Richland @ McCort

Post by Crimson09Crazy »

I'm trying to say the didnt run up the score....a backup scored the last touchdown, they ran the ball the whole game and yet theres alwasy still room to criticize.
say_oww
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by say_oww »

I know many of you mean well, but there's not much a coach can do as far as Richland's run defense. Richland's d-line is small - one kid over 230. Are you kidding me??? For those who want them to run a better scheme maybe you could get them some 'roids. Again, its just that every other team is bigger up front.

But if I were McCort, i'd be concerned because the same kids play o-line too, and there wasn't much pressure on Ramires from McCort. At least not enough to stop Richland from hitting big plays and putting up over 400 yards and 35 points. Eventually, McCort will have to play someone that matches up size-wise. If you are a Richland fan, you have to be pleased with what Richland can do with speed alone. Bailey has done a lot of creative things to get them where they are, while others would have failed by trying to Power-I their way down the field.
hornets69
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by hornets69 »

like i said before, i'd be interested to know the length of each of mccorts scoring drives. anyone have this info?

i also found it amusing that isenberg of the tribune-democrat vaguely referenced the mccort drinking party and slap on the wrist.
Dfense wins games
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Dfense wins games »

El-Moldo wrote:Wonder why no one mentioned this yet about the Richland/BM game Friday night? What's up with "Salem opted to have his team take a knee on the final extra-point attempt rather than score 70 points". Is this some kind of "moral high road" stuff that McCort is famous for? Seriously, how humiliating is THAT to the other team??? That's even worse than the onside kick Salem called for several years ago when beating Richland big in the 4th quarter. ANY opposing coach would take offense to BM pulling a stunt like that. If you're not going to take a knee late in the game while on offense with a 28 point lead, especially when your starting team was in for the scoring of the 63rd point, then just kick the dang point. Why the mercy? How humiliating.
The ONLY reason the knee was taken was to prevent the 35 pt mercy rule. Richland had Ramires in well into the 4th, and with a kid like that, you need to keep your #1 D on the field. When Richland finally decided to remove the kid, BM followed suite and got some of the younger guys in the game. Has nothing to do with disrespect.
Crimsoncrush67
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Crimsoncrush67 »

was ramires gonna score 34 points all by himself and the way it sounded the first team defense wasnt doing much agaisnt him anyway. the offense won that game, and they kepp the offense on till late in the game. that game was decided by the early third quarter.
salemforpresident
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by salemforpresident »

it was 49-35 with 10 minutes remaining and richland had some momentum. the crushers did NOT run up the score. i believe the mccort jv scored the final td vs the richland jv as i was leaving the stadium to avoid the rain.