Richland @ McCort

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Coach
Website Founder
Website Founder

Richland @ McCort

Post by Coach »

This might as well get its own topic now... 4-0 vs 4-0 in the LHAC.
Make sure you Like BleacherCoaches.com on Facebook! Make it easier for us to reach you!!!!

http://www.facebook.com/bleachercoaches
underdog1
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Richland @ McCort

Post by underdog1 »

Two of the top teams in the LHAC, 4-0 vs 4-0 in front of what should be a packed house and great atmosphere at the Point. This week should answer alot of questions about McCort's secondary and about just how good they really are and can be this year. Also should answer questions about Richland their defense, and how good they are and can be this year and rather or not their a true threat in D6 AA. I think it will be a good game tight and close for 2.5-3 quarters but in the end McCort is just too much, and Seidel has a big game as McCort wins it going away and improves to 5-0.
McCort- 42
Richland- 24
pudge
Junior
Junior

Post by pudge »

Richland has NO running game. BM will be too much for them!
Opinionguy
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Opinionguy »

Richland won't beat McCort by running the football. McCort is strong in the box. To knock off the Crushers you must throw it and throw it well.

Richland is going to need to get on the board early in this game, Which means strike early and keep the game close by moving the football with their short passing attack. I don't think Richland will stop Seidel...the way Richland wins this game is similar to how they won it in 2007...late in the game by scoring one more time than Coach Kenny can.

None of this will happen though. Richland won't come within two TD's.

28-13 Crushers.
And the last thing I must tell you...NEVER QUIT!
Crimson09Crazy

Post by Crimson09Crazy »

McCort is really good this year.
Havent seen Richland play but they definitely know how to play close games with McCort.

McCort can score at will. This offense is incredible. The pass defense and large amounts of penalties still concern me. But if Richland tries to be physical and run the ball like the did last week, it wont work. McCort's defense is a lot better then what Richland faced in Johnstown. I dont see how Richland will slow down Seidel or Domonkos. But Ramieres will give that Defense some trouble. He'll be able to score point and make plays but not nearly enough.
sheephead
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by sheephead »

This is the game of the decade a least going in. The whole town will be there. What an atmosphere it will be. HOLY COW!
lakersfan24
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by lakersfan24 »

some of the D-lines in the LHAC this year scare me (in a bad way) and Richland is one of them. Another game where a superior McCort o-line pushes the d line around and controls the football. I'll take McCort big
sheephead
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by sheephead »

Not so fast lakers. McCort has had a great O-line the past two years and somehow the Rams have managed to run with the mighty Crushers. The Crushers are really good up front. In contrast I think the Rams have alot of speed this year much more than people realize. This will be a very close game.
Last edited by sheephead on September 28th, 2009, 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
pats39
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by pats39 »

really good up front , what team have you seen? These last two games Richland has had BARELY any rushing yards while getting beat up front on Dline numerous times, especially off tackle. They may be 4-0, but thus far their linemen and the block strategies,D line strategies have not been impressive. I dont know how Richland gets any rushing yards actually. Their running plays take forever to develope, making it pretty easy to stop. They really need some better/quicker run plays/I formation especially if they want to win come playoff time. Richland will need to play MUCH better agaisnt mccort, have some balance on O and make big plays, and find a way to stop mccort. Last year Ripple took over that game to keep it close for Richland, who is going to make those plays this year?
Last edited by pats39 on September 28th, 2009, 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
sheephead
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by sheephead »

I was refering to McCort. Pats