Bad use of website

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
sportscrazy
Freshman
Freshman

Bad use of website

Post by sportscrazy »

The amount of trash talk and put down of different high schools and players on this website is unreal. The majority of you have no clue as to why you don't like a certain team or player. I hope current players don't buy into all these posts and lose sight of what really matters..playing football! Why are so many of you set on insulting every post, player, coach, school, etc etc?? Can't any of you point out some good qualities of teams in the area? ...no matter what team you side on? All this website does is cause unneeded drama when the point (hopefully) was to acknowledge various games, teams, players on highlighted moments.

When you have facts that give you the right to "hate" a team/player and put all their effort down, then you're posts will be justified, until then... alittle positve atmospere would be nice to see in this day. Those guys work too hard to not be appreciated by their fans AND area neighboring schools.
bbsocceralumni
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Bad use of website

Post by bbsocceralumni »

sportscrazy wrote:The amount of trash talk and put down of different high schools and players on this website is unreal. The majority of you have no clue as to why you don't like a certain team or player. I hope current players don't buy into all these posts and lose sight of what really matters..playing football! Why are so many of you set on insulting every post, player, coach, school, etc etc?? Can't any of you point out some good qualities of teams in the area? ...no matter what team you side on? All this website does is cause unneeded drama when the point (hopefully) was to acknowledge various games, teams, players on highlighted moments.

When you have facts that give you the right to "hate" a team/player and put all their effort down, then you're posts will be justified, until then... alittle positve atmospere would be nice to see in this day. Those guys work too hard to not be appreciated by their fans AND area neighboring schools.
I don't think people on here take it personal. Atleast I don't. If everyone agreed with everything then it would be boring. You need to have drama(trash talk) to spice things up.
tubmill
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by tubmill »

bbsoccer alumni,
ditto
sportscrazy
Freshman
Freshman

Post by sportscrazy »

There's a difference between spicing things up and completely putting down/insulting amazing athletes. Not taking these posts personal was exactly my point when I said I hope players don't buy into all that's said.
bbsocceralumni
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by bbsocceralumni »

sportscrazy wrote:There's a difference between spicing things up and completely putting down/insulting amazing athletes. Not taking these posts personal was exactly my point when I said I hope players don't buy into all that's said.
Well I didn't put down anyone so I don't know why you were referring that to me. I wouldn't call athletes around here amazing also. Good but far from amazing. If the players buy into what complete strangers say then they have head problems. People that put them down should be motivation to them not tearing themselves apart.
Coach
Website Founder
Website Founder

Post by Coach »

If posts are seen that put student-athletes down, please notify me of the forum and the post. That is not acceptable here.
Make sure you Like BleacherCoaches.com on Facebook! Make it easier for us to reach you!!!!

http://www.facebook.com/bleachercoaches
say_oww
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by say_oww »

How about every post ripping Portage or every post that uses the term weak-pac?
bbsocceralumni
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by bbsocceralumni »

That don't bother "Coach" obviously. We have cry babies on here that go and complain about it to him. Who cares about Portage and the Westpac because Bishop Mccort isn't associated with that. There was a whole post ripping on Portage and you never did one thing about it. Coach, if your going to do one thing then do it to the other. It's a bad thing when people talk about Mccort though? How is that fair?
bedfordathlete6
Freshman
Freshman

Post by bedfordathlete6 »

bbsoccer I couldn't agree with you more. Coach is adamant about shutting down posts that critisize Northern Bedford, expecially those that make valid points, but has, in his own posts, belittled other people.

There is such a double standard here, which is the main reason there are no longer any conversations about Bedford County, or the ICC. Coach, if you want to have good discussions about sports that matter in your own county and league, you have to allow points that don't agree with your own point of view, and that make points contrary to your own coaching activities.

Count the number of people that actually get to read this before Coach shuts it down and closes the thread.
Coach
Website Founder
Website Founder

Post by Coach »

Everything posted on this site doesn't interest me. If I didn't see something I can't delete it.

The McCort and Portage and public vs. private has been going on for over three years. If you don't like something, report it in the bottom forum. If it needs taken care of, we'll take care of it.

The stuff that is mandated to delete is stuff ripping on student-athletes. Adults or other kids posting in a negative way about this is not tolerated.

We can't delete every negative post that people make though. There will be negatives just as there will be positives. The site has been around for over 5 years. Through all five a lot of the same posts have been made over and over. New members just might not know that. Portage defends themselves every Friday night on the football field. If someone calls the conference weak...big deal (although at times, the line is crossed and posts have been deleted). If they call one of their players something...then we have an issue.
Make sure you Like BleacherCoaches.com on Facebook! Make it easier for us to reach you!!!!

http://www.facebook.com/bleachercoaches