Bishop McCort
37%

Total votes: 30

WPIALfan88
Freshman
Freshman

Gateway VS Bishop McCort

Post by WPIALfan88 »

Hey guys this should be a great topic. If you had to put your money on one of these teams which one would you choose? Gateway (AAAA) or Bishop McCort (A)??? I mean both of these teams have deadly weapons and that game ending punch. Speed is also a factor in this matchup, McCort is probably the fastest school in the LHAC and Gateway is up there with some other powerhouse WPIAL squads. I'd have to take McCort in the speed region. Sediel is said to run a 4.5 or faster and Chaz is probably runnin a 4.6? Kid you not, some of the McCort lineman are said to run in the 4 second percentile. I do not see Gateway lineman comparing to this caliber of an O-Line and D-Line in speed. I would have to choose Gateway in this match up tho. McCort is good, but not Gateway good. If my money was on this game I would choose GATEWAY 84 and Bishop McCort 0. Bishop McCort would not score on Gateway's JV squad. But they would put up a solid fight any other LHAC school would probably lose 120 to 6, I am giving these other LHAC schools 6 because Gateway would feel bad, but they wouldn't feel bad for McCort because they know they are a great team. Lets hear your thoughts..:)
WPIAL~Titan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Gateway VS Bishop McCort

Post by WPIAL~Titan »

LOL...I saw Gateway scrimmage and they're beyond FAST...I haven't seen McCort play this year, but I do know that Richland played McCort close. No, not AAAA PINE-Richland either.

I've said this before: There are indeed JV and even a few frosh squads at the AAAA level who could make the 5A and 6A playoffs easily.

Gateway -30 over McCort. At least. Gateway's coach has no problem whatsoever running up the score, either, so he'd have no mercy. From last week: Gateway 76 Connellsville 0.

That's why I say Gateway by 30, because it could very well be 50 with that idiot (not surprised that he's a Nitter) coaching Gateway.

I'd have to use this analogy...

McCort : Portage as Gateway : McCort.
"Those who say it can't be done are being interrupted by those who are doing it."

Author unknown
lhacfan88
Freshman
Freshman

Post by lhacfan88 »

I have never seen Gateway play in person, but i have seen them on t.v. and on the internet. I have also watched McCort play most of their games this year. I believe that it would'nt even be close. Gateway would blow them out of the gate to begin with and not let off the pedal. McCort's defense is not really that fast Wpialfan. You put McCort's D against a group, not just one or two, but a whole group of fast athletes and they would lose their edge. They do have a talented group of athletes, and they may handle their local teams, but you put them against a big Pittsburgh school and they would lose.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

There's no way Gateway could compete with Bishop McCort. Gateway has defined boundaries and can only draw from that area for its players.
hi_haters
Freshman
Freshman

Post by hi_haters »

are you serious Gateway will beat McCort by atleast 20
WPIAL~Titan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by WPIAL~Titan »

Gateway is one of the smaller AAAA schools in the WPIAL, not all that far from AAA enrollment.

Let's be honest here: McCort would have no shot at beating any of the top 10-12 or so AAAA teams in the WPIAL. They would be blown out by 4TDs or more, with the better teams being able to name their score against McCort.
"Those who say it can't be done are being interrupted by those who are doing it."

Author unknown
WPIALfan88
Freshman
Freshman

Post by WPIALfan88 »

I agree, WPIAL schools would own BM, can't wait to see this in state playoffs.
Portage Alum
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Portage Alum »

Correction...WPIAL Quad A schools would own McCort, not WPIAL Single A schools. Because Single A schools like Clairton and Rochester get their kids from places like Clairton and Rochester.

~PA
deepcreek
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by deepcreek »

This is comparing Apples to Oranges. Of course BM could not compete with Gateway, North Alleghany etc. Some of those schools have 700 kids in a class. The real question is how would they match up against Serra Catholic in A or Greenburg Central, For City, Shady Side Academy, Jennette, and Mount Pleasant in AA. My guess is they would do very well. GCC vs BM or MP vs BM would be a game I'd pay to watch. Thomas Jefferson and some of the best AAA teams would beat them as well. But in A and AA, i think BM would be near the top of WPIAL.
Opinionguy
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Opinionguy »

Shouldn't McCort actually WIN a state playoff game before we talk about them being atop one of the best conferences in the state, let alone beating a AAAA school like Gateway?

Gateway vs McCort. Possibly one of the best ever topics on this website.
And the last thing I must tell you...NEVER QUIT!