PUBLIC VS PRIVATE

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
southpaw
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: PUBLIC VS PRIVATE

Post by southpaw »

How does that work? Do BC and Portage Coop in Wrestling?
"I'm your huckleberry"
RidgeDad
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by RidgeDad »

southpaw wrote:How does that work? Do BC and Portage Coop in Wrestling?
Yes. BC wrestlers go to Portage to wrestle.
hornets69
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by hornets69 »

i believe i had heard something about a penn cambria/portage/bc boys soccer team being a co-op as well in the near future.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

You asked for a name, here it is. LUKE GOLDEN. Not gonna bore everyone with his stats. Look him up. BC all-state linebacker and sometimes RB . He played in the mid-90's.
It ain't over until it's over.
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

So youngbuck would agree that Perich would have been an asset to FH over the last few seasons?????? Guess he was wrong.
youngbuck
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by youngbuck »

Luke Golden would not have started over, Steve Keiper who was the FB/RB at the time and I do not know who the other one was at the time, but possibly Justin Beyer.

I have never ever ever heard anyone from FH say, boy if we would have had Luke Golden, we would have won the state.

I know he was first team all state, but if you know anything about BC at that time, you would know that he was a two down backer who was taken off the field for 3rd downs due to speed issues. He liked to hit but limited in his running ability. Was not even the best player on his own team, behind Mcmahon and Jut Schilling . He made all state bsaed on stats, his tackle numbers were awfully high for a team that controlled the ball and won as many games as they did, you would not think that someone would have as many tackles if he played two downs and his team spent the majority of the game on offense.
youngbuck
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by youngbuck »

Perich? Seriously who is he going to start over at FH, surely not Glessner. As an Rb, he was not starting over Dudovich, Mehall or even Unger. He would be a tiny wide reciever.

I could throw a bunch of names out, but seriously the Ranger faithful don't talk about the kids they lost to BC, anything like Windber, CT or Westmont whine about the players that they went to McCort. And Tyrone and Bellwood don't speak out about the players they didn't have because of BG.

What I am tryiing to say is that if your teamis already good, It does not seem that the catholic schools are taking players away. But in the cases of poor teams ie Westmont, Blacklick, why should the players stay there and lose.
usatf oldguy
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by usatf oldguy »

So I guess no unheradled linemen or defensive players have ever left these schools and gone private.You know behind every good back is a great line.The same can be said for defenses.I can guarantee you this a small school that truly is a small school needs every player available to them.Who can guess about whether or not a team would have won a title or not. I can say for sure there was a reason that the PIAA had them (privates)separated in there own class before.
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

Is youngbuck saying that, in any capacity as a player, Perich would not have made FH better over the last couple of years??????
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

Wasn't that Penatzer kid, who was BC's QB a couple of years ago, from the FH school district also?????