PUBLIC VS PRIVATE

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
old school
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

PUBLIC VS PRIVATE

Post by old school »

I guess the rivalry even goes on in volleyball. Yesterday during the state final between Nothern Cambria and Holy Name the NC fans were chanting "PUBLIC SCHOOL...PUBLIC SCHOOL...PUBLIC SCHOOL

read the article here
http://www.tribdem.com/sports/local_sto ... 02203.html
"The old lessons (work, self-discipline, sacrifice, teamwork, fighting to achieve) aren't being taught by many people other than football coaches these days....." Paul "Bear" Bryant
usatf oldguy
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: PUBLIC VS PRIVATE

Post by usatf oldguy »

Good post oldschool! Great job NC ! How many state gold medals is that for dunchak now 4 or 5.I guess the public schools are starting to unite.Attention Brad Cashman attention Brad Cashman!
Last edited by usatf oldguy on November 15th, 2009, 9:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
D6Guru

Post by D6Guru »

I expect the Penns Manor fans to be just as vocal this week.
Last edited by D6Guru on September 29th, 2010, 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hornets69
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by hornets69 »

i guess the bigger question is when will the 14 year old from penns manor who is already 5'11" 175 lb and only a freshman who plays qb (danny ferens) and whos father works in the steelers office transfer to a nonpublic school like bishop mccort or the family relocate to a a public school in pittsburgh?
Last edited by hornets69 on November 15th, 2009, 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vman
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by vman »

????????
I have to say thank you to me ..." for not being stupid enough to go to Penn State."
Bedrock
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Bedrock »

Wait until District 12 enters the picture-----the sour grapes will be a daily meal
hunterx
Freshman
Freshman

Post by hunterx »

Maybe some of the public schools should stand up for themselves and not let the private schools get there way all the time. I read in another thread on Bleachercoaches about Bishop Carrol wanting closer games and not have to travel so far. So what do the AD's in the LHAC do? Grant them their wish and have them switch sections. Not one school in the LHAC voted against this. If the public schools really have a problem with the private schools, then they need to grow a set and stand up to the private schools.
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

Are the phrases "grow a set" and "privates" related somehow?????
Prince Sidewinder
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Prince Sidewinder »

I have already heard rumors about this Ferens kid transfering but I heard Indiana High or Greensburg Central Catholic. Who knows until it happens!

Imagine how the Comets players feel getting an opportunity to go to the Point Stadium in Johnstown to get there first taste of a good old Private School butt kicking. After next weekend Penns Manor fans will get to cry and moan about private schools. This will be uglier than the pounding Portage laid on Marion Center.

Early Predictions:

McCort will have Seidel back this week and if necessary he could take another week off and it would not matter. The clock will be non-stop in this one early.

Bishop McCort 56
Penns Manor 6

I watched Bellwood and I watched Portage both this weekend. Bellwood will have no chance against Sinosky, Burgan and Kostan. You will hear Scoran's name mentioned in this one too.

Portage 34
Bellwood 13
Muddlehuddle
Senior
Senior

Post by Muddlehuddle »

Obviously McCort is the team to beat in D6. The fact that they are single A under the PIAA classification is what raises eyebrows.
Bottom line, they will be the D6 Champion. Portage will look back on this year (as last) and think what might have been if it wasn't for McCort being single A.
Until the J-town area school can collectively keep their athletes in their home school, McCort will rule in multiple sports, football being just one of them.
Good luck Comets. I really hope you pull off the upset of the century but I'm not willing to bet on it.
"I've never lost a single game that I've coached from the stands!"