Richland vs. Forest Hills round 2

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
McCort all the way
Freshman
Freshman

Richland vs. Forest Hills round 2

Post by McCort all the way »

I think Richland is going to pull it out this time. They should have won the first match up but the Refs made some very hurtful calls on the Rams. This time there will be much better field conditions and Richland has gotten much better. What are everyones thoughts?
Dfense wins games
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Richland vs. Forest Hills round 2

Post by Dfense wins games »

I think Lee Corso would choose a mascot head with some horns in this one...
lakersfan24
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by lakersfan24 »

Richland has the athletes to match up man to man with FH's average wr's. If they can stop the run they will win easily. Sounds easy right? Well in the past 3 meetings with the Rams the Rangers have averaged well over 200 yards rushing in each game, all with Richland stacking the box.
hornets69
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by hornets69 »

is the hornet back in action?
sportsfan79
Freshman
Freshman

Post by sportsfan79 »

yess, I have seen "The Hornets" name in the paper last week, not for defense but an offensive touchdown. As a fan of both teams I do believe the Rams will come up with the W, but they will have to earn it with a physical fought game. Excpect to see Sylvia at CB, I havent seen the hornet on D yet, but I think he's playin O since the broken collar bone. but I hope to see him in there on D, ?? Lepsch - the Hornets real last name?? is a good cover corner and a threat to the passing game, Any newss on Cinko from RLAND he is a huge threat, I heard that he injured a leg vs the bearcats?!?!?
Wrasslerfan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Wrasslerfan »

Forest Hills 35

Richland 21

Same as Last Time FH Has Too Much Power
Wrestling... What Men do during boys basketball season

Dan Gable
Opinionguy
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Opinionguy »

It's only right after all the controversy from the first matchup that these two teams square off again. Richland sure did a lot of talking after that last game, especially for a team who hasn't beat Forest Hills since the current players have been alive. Well, the OG isn't offended. They may have a case...

The regular season matchup is long over, and what happened won't matter after Friday night. But, we sure did learn a lot from that matchup.

#1 Richland showed that it can play physical "Forest Hills Style" football. They lined it up with the Rangers for the majority of the game and went toe to toe with them.

#2 Forest Hills STILL moved the ball on the ground against the Rams when they had to. The last few years, as it was in week 8, the Ranger running game took over in the fourth quarter.

#3 FH still has the mental edge. Call it what you want, when the chips were down, FH made the plays that Richland couldn't come up with.

Now for what we learned we also didn't learn some things. We didn't learn much about how either team will control each other’s passing game. That could play big into the game Friday night. We also didn't learn about how the front 7 from each team will finish off their plays on a dry surface.

The OG feels that the passing games won’t matter much. The key to this game falls into two places.
#1 The line of scrimmage. Forest Hills has been beating Richland for many years by using the same formula…pound it at them and keep that high flying offense off the field. No one as of yet has been able to stop the FH ground game. However, at times, it looked as if Richland was going to be able to in week 8. Richland has to avoid trying to “get cute” with their play calling and use what works. However, anyone who has watched Forest Hills this season knows where their weakness lies. There is a fine line between attacking that weakness, and making it your game plan. By attacking FH’s weakness, you can find yourself in a lot of 3 and long situations. Can Richland avoid that temptation?

#2 Forest Hills can’t fall behind early. Although I think Forest Hills is talented in the passing game, I don’t think they are geared to use it to come from behind. Forest Hills has had some pass protection problems as well this year. If Richland gets up early, the game could get out of hand quickly.

Now some people may think big game experience would go to Forest Hills but remember that this FH group hasn’t ever been out of the 2nd round. Although, I do know that this group is hungry.

How will this game pan out…it is tough to tell. These teams both present some matchup problems for each other. This game is going to come down to a few big plays Friday night. I also think that this will be the first time a team gets into double digits on FH.

I see this game staying close into the 4th quarter, which will benefit the G&G. Expect both teams to play it close the vest early on and wait for the other team to make a mistake. Turnovers in this game will be crucial, as they are in any matchup in this point in the season.
I’m looking for the Rangers to punch one in at about the 5 minute mark and make a defensive stand to seal the game.

Forest Hills 26 – Richland 22.

Good luck to all teams this weekend.
Last edited by Opinionguy on November 17th, 2009, 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And the last thing I must tell you...NEVER QUIT!
tomahawkchop
Freshman
Freshman

Post by tomahawkchop »

its gunna be a close game. FH has more experience in the playoffs
Forest Hills 28
Richland 14
guesswhopickmaster96
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by guesswhopickmaster96 »

I think forest hills will come out on top cause they have an effective offense and defense. Richland is good but not good enough to beat forest hills.
salemforpresident
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by salemforpresident »

People have told me that Richland played very physical against Forest Hills in the first game. I find this hard to believe, especially in the mud and rainy conditions. I guess the Rams will have an opportunity to prove they can play with the big boys on Friday night. We will see on Friday.

I can tell you that the Rams would be favored by 21 to 24 over Portage or Windber.