Drug Testing?

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
St. Lewis28
Freshman
Freshman

Drug Testing?

Post by St. Lewis28 »

Should drug testing be mandatory for football with all the things the players do?.. Comments?
Eaglealum
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: Drug Testing?

Post by Eaglealum »

it is at some schools already
"Don't argue with stupid people; they'll drop you to their level and beat you with experience."
.... A. Einstein
St. Lewis28
Freshman
Freshman

Post by St. Lewis28 »

True. and how do most teams fare without a star player
Eaglealum
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Eaglealum »

Depends on what your values are. You want to win no matter what, or teach kids that everyone must go by the rules. I can't speak for everyone else, but I know our coach sat our biggest lineman for a dist. title game because he let his grades slip....he was still eligible, but letting things slide is not acceptable to coach F., so a senior sat out a dist. title game...fyi, we won the game anyway.
"Don't argue with stupid people; they'll drop you to their level and beat you with experience."
.... A. Einstein
guesswhopickmaster96
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by guesswhopickmaster96 »

some of the teams should start that cause i probably could name some kids that are on some kind of roids or something like that.
Eaglealum
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Eaglealum »

lets not start speculating
.... A. Einstein
lakersfan24
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by lakersfan24 »

yes let's stop that before someone puts their foot in their mouth. I've heard for many years how FH and Tyrone players are obviouslly on steroids because they are usually bigger and have better athletes. Welcome to a strength and conditioning program and a winning tradition where kids want to play, win, and get better.
underdog1
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by underdog1 »

I know for fact, since I just graduated from there a few years ago, that McCort does.
sidelines3366
Freshman
Freshman

Post by sidelines3366 »

Drug testing is an issue that really cannot even be brought up in some poorer schools. Schools like BM have the money and ability to drug test but when you find the poorer schools there is not chance there athletic programs could afford something to that degree.
Bedrock
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Bedrock »

Cost isn't an issue. Tests are inexpensive. I know a school that tests over 125 kids a year for about $1500. Knowing you may be tested gives kids a good reason to say no.
The thing that puzzles me is there is a perception among kids that everyone is doing ________. You can fill in the blank with a dozen different things. When kids are tested they come up clean. They don't know the test is coming. Not sure why the perception is out there, but I know it is.

What schools in the region test??