District 6 Single A?

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Crimson09Crazy

District 6 Single A?

Post by Crimson09Crazy »

McCort is down. They lost just about everyone. But who knows, I'll still take McCort on a down year over most teams.

So what about the other teams?

Portage lost Sinosky.
BA loses McCaulley

Who is out there? Just curios
Portage Alum
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: District 6 Single A?

Post by Portage Alum »

Portage upgrades at QB and has a lot back at the other skill positions. However, line play will be an issue.

~PA
jack daniel
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by jack daniel »

McCort lost alot, but as usual they wont rebuild but reload. Rugg, who is bigger then his brother, and Hornick back on both lines plus Neil McAneny is back playing again this year. They have play makers in Hrbal, O'Reilly, Varga, and Leech and what seems like could be a pretty solid QB in Cooper. Plus the freshmen tea was 6-1 last year and had some very familiar names on it in James, Belskey, Spangler, and Barbin. This team I see going 7-2 in regular season but until someone knocks them off in the post season their still my pick for D6 A.
"some may say you just got lucky, i personally believe you make your own luck by being good."
Crimson09Crazy

Post by Crimson09Crazy »

I mean I hope you are right, but I just don't know bow much you can rely on sophomores and tons of unproven upperclassmen.

The Line is a good start. Rugg and Hornick.
Anything after that is pretty much a guess of who will step up.
Jesse Cooper is the QB, but in the freshmen offense, you throw what? Maybe 5 passes a game....to only one receiver. And he is one skinny kid. So thats a big question mark.

Whose going to run the ball?
Whose going to catch the ball?
Whose going to tackle the other team?

I believe McCort will go around 6-3 and 7-2 and have a shot at a District Championship. But at the same time, I could see them going 5-4. time will tell
jack daniel
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by jack daniel »

Crimson,

I agree that I could see them going 5-4, and maybe I'm being a little optimistic but I mean they have Varga and Hrbal in the backfield O'Reilly and Leech can make some plays on the outside if Cooper can get the ball to them. I'm just saying if they come together and mesh the pieces are there for another district title, but i must say the 4 straight conference titles and the 23 game LHAC winning streak are in rave grave jeopardy.
"some may say you just got lucky, i personally believe you make your own luck by being good."
salemforpresident
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by salemforpresident »

The Crushers will not finish under 500 for the first time since FOREVER! Who is going to beat them in the regular season besides maybe FH and JTWN?

And once they hit the playoffs nobody can stop them except maybe BA.
colonelsanders
Senior
Senior

Post by colonelsanders »

Is this the year westy will beat their arch rival?
Could McCort lose all of the city league games?

I think Salem will find a way to win. He always seems to do with any team he coaches.
Crimson09Crazy

Post by Crimson09Crazy »

Johnstown has a legit shot, and more than likely should beat McCort. Alkwan Williams and Gervon Simon should put together a nice season. They did it once this past decade, I believe LaRod's junior year at the opener of Trojan Stadium.

I'm not sure the last time Westmont beat McCort? Maybe 2000. Westy was loaded that year. But they havent came within 3 Touchdowns the past few years. Westmont has size and a couple of Backs that can run, I don't expect McCort to lose to them. I've heard Westmont will be good too many times to believe it.

Richland beat McCort in '07. The only time in half a century. I don't think Richland has the talent this year to beat McCort. But we'll see.
lifeisfootball79
Freshman
Freshman

Post by lifeisfootball79 »

McCort may lose one game and one game only. that being forest hills and no matter how good a team the rangers have a think they will still be given a game because that's just the way to mccort team is coached and taught to play, no doubt in my mind.
Footballfan4
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Footballfan4 »

In my opinion they are way too discipline and quick to the ball to be 5-4. No matter what talent they bring they will find a way to win games. They use the size they have to plug up holes and they fly to the ball, which in high school football works in most cases, not against forest hills but that's only one game..