D6AA champ Forest Hills
D6AAA champ Johnstown
2 State semifinalists Forest Hills and Carroll, who both aren't done yet
Opinionguy
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: LHAC

Post by Opinionguy »

I will agree the overall conference was down a bit...but I think it's tough to say that the top teams weren't as good as they usually are.
And the last thing I must tell you...NEVER QUIT!
jack daniel
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by jack daniel »

the lhac is better year in and year out then people give it credit for, this could be the second straight year that they send a team to the state finals. over the past 5 years (2006-2010 so the state palyoff record could change) they've won 10 district titles, and have gone 4-7 in the state playoffs yes thats under .500 but still not too shabby at all.
Last edited by jack daniel on December 5th, 2010, 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"some may say you just got lucky, i personally believe you make your own luck by being good."
lakersfan24
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by lakersfan24 »

The complaint with the LH was never getting teams who win Districts or make it to states. In the last 2 years, the LHAC has been overly predictable. People (including myself) fear it will turn into the WestPac where a team can be pretty much crowned champs week 1. It's exciting when there are more than 2 good teams, and more than 1 team capable of upsetting the good teams. The talent level may not have been the only reason for this, many schools have gone through coaching changes and number of students dropping.
Ghost
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Ghost »

Just curious, does anybody know many other conferences have at least two teams in the semifinals?
lakersfan24
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by lakersfan24 »

How many conferences really have A, AA, and AAA teams? We have a good shot at it if you think about it. Most of the WPIAL groupings are by class, right? What about the East?
Ghost
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Ghost »

Not sure, probably more than a few. Mount Carmel and Southern Columbia are in the same league I know. Does the Philadelphia Catholic League count? They have 3 teams in the semifinals. Either way, I agree with you, it's better when the LHAC is more wide open rather than somebody being anointed right off the bat.
colonelsanders
Senior
Senior

Post by colonelsanders »

The LHAC might be one of the better conferences in the state. Week in an week out it is a playoff calibar team. I want to wish BC and FH best of luck this weekend. Show them how D6 and the LHAC plays football.
richaboli
Senior
Senior

Post by richaboli »

When is the LHAC meeting to decide about Chestnut Ridge and maybe someone else joining?
oldcollegecoach/ath
Freshman
Freshman

Post by oldcollegecoach/ath »

richaboli wrote:When is the LHAC meeting to decide about Chestnut Ridge and maybe someone else joining?
Chestnut Ridge would be one of those teams that you could look at the schedule and count as a easy win.lol. I hope they don't let them back in. I don't remember Chesnut Ridge ever being competitive or producing anyone on the next level except 1 OL in like 2002 his name was Eric something with a Z. Other than that more terrible teams being added to the conference doesn't make things better for legimate competition with the conference powers.