D6 A and AA Playoffs

Post by lhacbigfan »

A look at the standings along with each teams remaining schedule:

D6 A STANDINGS
RANK......TEAM...........W..... L...... POINTS....LAST 5 GAMES
1...... Bellwood-Antis.....5..... 0...... 680....... EVE, @SH, @NB, GLEN, RICH
2...... Bishop Guilfoyle... 4...... 1...... 580........@BC, CC, WH, @BM, @UN
3...... Juniata Valley..... 4...... 1...... 500...... @WIL, TM, GLEN, @WB, HUNT
4...... Portage............ 4....... 1...... 480....... BV, @WIN, CT, BLAIR, @HC
5...... Northern Cambria. 4...... 1...... 470........@BER, @MC, SALT, LV, CH
6...... Homer Center..... 4...... 1...... 460........UN, CT, @LV, @PM, PORT
7...... Blacklick Valley.... 4...... 1...... 440........@PORT, FERN, @CV, NS, @SALT
8...... Penns Manor....... 4...... 1...... 430........BLAIR, LV, @PL, HC, @KEY
9...... Moshannon Valley 3...... 2...... 390.........CK, @GLEN, WIL, @SH, @BLAIR
10.... Bishop McCort..... 3...... 2...... 370.........@WH, JTWN, @CH, BG, CC
11.... Glendale............ 3...... 2...... 360.........@TM, MV, @JV, @BA, @FERN
12.... Blairsville........... 3...... 2...... 350.........@PM, @SALT, UN, @PORT, MV
13.... West Branch....... 2...... 3...... 240......... SH, @NB, MU, JV, WIL

D6 AA
RANK....TEAM.............W..... L...... POINTS..... LAST 5 GAMES
1...... Richland............ 5...... 0...... 610..........@SOM, WH, @PC, CC, @BA
2...... Central..............4...... 1...... 500..........@FHMD, PO, @BFT, @HUNT, EVE
3...... Ligonier Valley.....5...... 0...... 480..........SALT, @PM, HC, @NC, BEA
4...... Bald Eagle Area... 4...... 1...... 470..........TY, @HUNT, CFD, @BFT, @LV
5...... Penn Cambria...... 4...... 1...... 440..........CH, @FH, RICH, @WH, SOM
6...... Juniata.............. 3...... 2...... 350...........UD, MILL,@WV, @HFX, PG
7...... Cambria Heights.. 3...... 2...... 340..........@PC, BC, BM, @SOM, @NC
7...... Tyrone............. 3...... 2...... 340...........@BEA, CFD, CM, @PV, @JTWN
9...... Mount Union....... 2...... 3...... 200........... NB, EVE, @WB, @TM, PV
10.... Forest Hills......... 2..... 3...... 190........... @CC, PC, SOM, @JTWN, PO
Last edited by lhacbigfan on October 1st, 2012, 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: D6 A and AA Playoffs

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Those are rankings by points and records. But looking into quality of team/level of competition, How would you rank the teams? Not trying to prove a point or anything, just curious.

A Power Rankings based off of those 13 teams for me would look like this.
1. Bellwood-Antis
2. Bishop Guilfoyle
3. Penns Manor
4. Bishop McCort
5. Northern Cambria
6. Juniata Valley
7. Portage
8. Homer Center
9. Blairsville
10. Glendale
11. Blacklick Valley
12. Moshannon Valley
13. West Branch

AA....

1. Richland
2. Central
3. Penn Cambria
4. Tyrone
5. Ligonier
6. Cambria Heights
7. Forest Hills
8. Bald Eagle
9. Juniata
10. Mt. Union
lhacbigfan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by lhacbigfan »

I know that is just the points but since that is what is used for playoff seeding I thought people might want to see it. I agree though if I was basing teams off of how good I actually thought they were it would be different. I agree with yours for the most part, although I haven't seen much of the A teams. In AA, Richland and Central look like the clear cut top two at this point with Penn Cambria, Tyrone, and Ligonier being in the second tier of teams, and then everyone else.
coachcarter
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by coachcarter »

Gouse will have a fit if both BG and McCort get in with more loses then the Mustangs.
Waggle Pass
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Waggle Pass »

I see the Central-Fort Hill game this week is very big for both schools as far as the playoffs are concerned. Fort Hill is 3-2 this year. Return just one starter from the team that beat Ligonier Valley a year ago. They start more sophomores (6) than seniors (4). Fort Hill has score over 50 points in each of their three wins and have given up over 50 in both of their losses.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

He probably will, but again wins against Rockwood,Conemaugh Valley, and Ferndale shouldn't hold more weight than losses to Richland and Somerset. Just my opinion. It matters who you play.
Athens/Cat
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Athens/Cat »

Waggle Pass wrote:I see the Central-Fort Hill game this week is very big for both schools as far as the playoffs are concerned. Fort Hill is 3-2 this year. Return just one starter from the team that beat Ligonier Valley a year ago. They start more sophomores (6) than seniors (4). Fort Hill has score over 50 points in each of their three wins and have given up over 50 in both of their losses.
Have fun containing Austin Cunningham
D6 Sports Network - Innovative High School Sports Media and Broadcasting
http://d6sportsnetwork.com/
Follow @D6SN on Twitter ;)
deepcreek
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by deepcreek »

Not sure a 6-4 McCort team would make the playoffs. Don't power points get awarded for the amount of wins your opponent has when you beat them? If it works like I think, if McCort were to beat Westmont, Central Cambria, and Johnstown they would not get many power points which could jeopardize their position. Perhaps someone could clarify the power points and how they are awarded.
coachcarter
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by coachcarter »

I agree 100% with you Ghost. If he thinks he and his program are being screwed because he plays in the WestPac then you know what he can always do. He can petition to join the LHAC or play an independent schedule. Mccort has year after year proved they belong in the d6 playoffs as has BC until recently. BG has proven that they are a top tier lhac team this year and imho would win the WestPac as would McCort.
animus
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by animus »

Not too familiar w/ the points system.

How exactly does it work?