Re: Tyrone Rumor of the Day

Post by jayjay6218 »

haha, what ever you say Eaglealum, whatever you say. haha
TAHS92Alum
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by TAHS92Alum »

I see this topic rolling along. After the school board meeting last night, don't be to sure about the return of Mr. Franco. I know a lot of people spoke passionately about the board bringing him back. I also know that there are others who are just not interested in doing so. I have a son that was a sophomore starter this past season. He doesn't seem to care who the head coach is as long as the assistants are permitted to return.
There was an unnamed player who spoke last night that had a very valid point that I can totally understand. Grew up in Tyrone, played football his whole life, watch the games every Friday and waited for his chance to play for John, then as he was moving up to the Varsity level, John decided to move on to Altoona. That pissed him off more than anything. He asked the board to consider John Franco, but to also consider other candidates.
I personally agree with him, is John Franco a great coach, yes, does he deserve a return trip to the Tyrone sidelines, I really don't know. I do know that the talent didn't leave with him. Look at the Guthoff prior track record vs his time in Tyrone. A 9-3 team returning all but 5 starters, some of which only played one way. That sets a lot of high expectations, and I hope that the decision made doesn't affect the outcome for this team on Friday nights. Not to mention future Fridays.
grasshopper
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by grasshopper »

Well well, the stage is being set for the next parade in Tyrone. There will be fire trucks, baton groups,
scouts and veterans marching. The streets will be lined with supporters and then the trumpets will
sound and Coach John Franco will appear. Finally as Quote the Raven would say, the KING has
returned.

The coach who left the Papermill town to bring the glory back to Altoona. Guess you all know the
ending to that one, Coach is returning to Gray Memorial Field after being at Mansion Park for the 2nd
time. Thus he is now 0 and 2 there.

Coach John the Lou Holtz motivator of local high school football. The kids believe, yes!
Coach John is a good teacher, yes! But to be hailed as the greatest thing since Gardners Peanut
Butter melt aways I don't know.

It takes talent folks, talent. Yes we have been blessed with it the last decade or so but someday it
may stop as cycles go around and around. Remember when John left here he had a loss or two at
the end of the season and our mighty off the field coaches would have their meetings at Sheetz or
the Hookies or maybe the Bull Pen. They were ready to help him pack!!!!

I wish coach good luck when he returns but John please beware of the hypocrites in this town
who always will fine fault in a loss. No the coach doesn't fumble, no the coach doesn't throw
interceptions but somehow around here it will be his fault. Wait and see.

In the meantime come up to the school, Quote the Raven is selling tickets for anyone who wants
to see Coach Franco walk across the school swimming pool.
Eaglealum
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Eaglealum »

What a sack of vinegar water
"Don't argue with stupid people; they'll drop you to their level and beat you with experience."
.... A. Einstein
QuoteTheRaven
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by QuoteTheRaven »

Hahaha that's funny but I am in no way shape or form tied to that post. I know Coach Franco personally and I wish him the best of luck regardless of his decision. As well as the Tyrone Football program itself, whoever the board decides hire I know will be a great fit for Tyrone. Funny post though lol
"Hard work pays off, dreams do come true. Bad times don't last, but Bad Guys do!"
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Tyrone Rumor of the Day

Post by DragonsDoExist »

KC Kantz is reporting that he was told by Franco himself that he is indeed staying put at Altoona.
@TheKCKantz: In other related Altoona Football news..just got off the phone with head coach John Franco, and he says he's staying put at Altoona.

I'm not buying it! Lol
You play to win the game!!!
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Tyrone Rumor of the Day

Post by DragonsDoExist »

Maisel now reporting the same...

@Matt_Maisel: Confirmed Altoona HS football coach John Franco will remain at Altoona. Spoke w/ on phone, said Tyrone never made coaching offer. Franco said he would have listened to Tyrone offer, but declined to pursue when they said he'd have to apply.
You play to win the game!!!
old school
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by old school »

From Matt Maisel‏ twitter page
Former Tyrone HS and IUP safety Johnny Franco has been named @IUPCrimsonHawk defensive backs coach.
"The old lessons (work, self-discipline, sacrifice, teamwork, fighting to achieve) aren't being taught by many people other than football coaches these days....." Paul "Bear" Bryant