Who is going to be in the district 6 title game? And Score?

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
HCQB12
Freshman
Freshman

Re: Who is going to be in the district 6 title game? And Sco

Post by HCQB12 »

PLDragons24 wrote:I don't think HC has the defense to make a run this year. I watched the MC and HC game and it easily could have been a very tight game if MC didn't turn the ball over twice in the he redzone. Blairsville has a real nice team but it's hard for me to see them stopping Portages run game.
I suppose that HC's defense stiffening up and making a stand in those redzone situations had nothing to do with MC turning the ball over? Must have just been MC's incompetence! They break a few plays to get down there, and all of the sudden they can't get a first down! Let's give some credit where credit is due.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

Not to mention penns Manor has only 1 loss this year to HC and they have looked good every game since then. Can't wait for the Blairsville pm game. Honestly portage is very good but the past few years everyone has just forget about heritage teams and then boom the conference has won 2 out of the last 3 titles.

There are a lot of threats this year in d6. Should be one of the toughest fields ever for A.
PortagePride
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by PortagePride »

I love all the random hate for Portage and how butthurt some people get over the sight of someone saying something postive about us. Not one Portage person is in here hyping them up or saying they're world beaters but yet the same certain "fans" of certain teams still have to try and be big and bad like it's going to get them somewhere. If it helps yinz sleep better at night then be my guest and keep doing it.
TITO10
Freshman
Freshman

Post by TITO10 »

I agree HCQB12.. From what I heard MC left their starters in when HC called the dogs off and scored on the JV team. HC could of easily put another one on them and not given up another score. Hats off to the coaching staff for getting kids in. Everyone is forgetting a lot of those kids are first year starters on HC and kids who barely even played. They will only get better as time goes on.

Also, Konjo I agree PM has a talented team as well. They too will be around at the end.

Like I said earlier Portage is not the public school champion. I will take a Heritage team in the D6 finals and they will compete against BG. Heritage teams keep their pads on all game regardless the score.
davesandstorm
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by davesandstorm »

TITO10 wrote:I agree HCQB12.. From what I heard MC left their starters in when HC called the dogs off and scored on the JV team. HC could of easily put another one on them and not given up another score. Hats off to the coaching staff for getting kids in. Everyone is forgetting a lot of those kids are first year starters on HC and kids who barely even played. They will only get better as time goes on.

Also, Konjo I agree PM has a talented team as well. They too will be around at the end.

Like I said earlier Portage is not the public school champion. I will take a Heritage team in the D6 finals and they will compete against BG. Heritage teams keep their pads on all game regardless the score.
The public school champion bit was a quote or something from like 2008 that people still throw around.
HCQB12
Freshman
Freshman

Post by HCQB12 »

PortagePride wrote:I love all the random hate for Portage and how butthurt some people get over the sight of someone saying something postive about us. Not one Portage person is in here hyping them up or saying they're world beaters but yet the same certain "fans" of certain teams still have to try and be big and bad like it's going to get them somewhere. If it helps yinz sleep better at night then be my guest and keep doing it.
For the record, I believe Portage has one hell of a team this year. Very balanced on offense, and a great defense. They will be in the mix for sure come playoff time!
PortagePride
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by PortagePride »

HCQB12 wrote: For the record, I believe Portage has one hell of a team this year. Very balanced on offense, and a great defense. They will be in the mix for sure come playoff time!
First off HCQB12 you definitely weren't one of the people I was talking about in my post. Those people know who they are. The Mustang's are pretty solid again this year however there is still A LOT of room to improve week to week. With an all new defensive back and wide receiver corps, It's been some growing pains as the season has gone on with the pass defense being the furthest behind in my opinion. They succeeded in their first big test against Berlin however another showdown at Meyersdale is looming soon. Thanks for the support, good luck to your wildcats, and who knows maybe we'll see ya somewhere down the road in the playoffs.
TITO10
Freshman
Freshman

Post by TITO10 »

Once again, I have to agree with HCQB12. Portage does have a strong team year after year. You cant fault the kids for what the idiot fans and townies do. The kids come to play each week.

My comment was directed towards all the people ruling out all the Heritage teams, not to PortagePride.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

I might be one of those people... If portage gets the hate its because of the history of fans on here making very cocky statements and making excuses when things don't go as planned. They also love to defend their coach who says and does some really questionable things! Its OK to defend him but sometimes you just gotta admit he said something stupid.... Portagepride you are definitely the most reasonable portage fan on here! Unfortunately for you people like sttaightoutofportage has ruined an average portage's fans image on here
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

The whole Portage Public School champion thing was a quote from the 2008 season.

The week of the Championship game in a preview article, Head Coach Garry Gouse claimed Portage was the best public school in District Six A. It rubbed people the wrong way, one because he already had the excuse built in for when they lost. And two, they weren't the best public school team that year anyway. McCort beat Portage 42-7, but the prior week Bellwood had McCort dead to rights at the Point Stadium and McCort escaped 24-21.

So that's the history behind the running joke. People still give the Mustangs a hard time about it, but it was a few years ago.

As far as Portage fans and staff members, they have been among the nicest and most accommodating I have ever dealt with. I love the stadium and the people. Always been a class act the times I have covered the team.