How Far Can MU Go?

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
TAHS92Alum
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: How Far Can MU Go?

Post by TAHS92Alum »

Yea Patton's in college so he's probably drank to much beer at this point. Guess we will have to find a new fourth leg
-BIRDS OF PREY-
jayjay6218
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by jayjay6218 »

QuoteTheRaven wrote:The 2011 Tyrone team was very fast too. There are several teams that stand out in my mind as teams over the years that I have seen with just BLAZING speed, that is basically on a whole nother level than everyone else and those teams are (in no particular order): 2004 Juniata Valley. 2011 Tyrone. 2012 Bellwood-Antis. 2014 Mount Union

Raven what do you consider this years Tyrone team? Are they speed, power, balanced, can they match/contain/slow MU?
QuoteTheRaven
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by QuoteTheRaven »

jayjay6218 wrote:
QuoteTheRaven wrote:The 2011 Tyrone team was very fast too. There are several teams that stand out in my mind as teams over the years that I have seen with just BLAZING speed, that is basically on a whole nother level than everyone else and those teams are (in no particular order): 2004 Juniata Valley. 2011 Tyrone. 2012 Bellwood-Antis. 2014 Mount Union

Raven what do you consider this years Tyrone team? Are they speed, power, balanced, can they match/contain/slow MU?
This year's Tyrone team is very balanced in my oppinion. Got speedy backs in Alec Hunter and Nick Getz (plays mostly WR), got a BIG bruising fullback in Eli Sleeth and TE/FB Boone who both lay the boom, a big tall proto-typical 6 ft 4 pocket QB in Garrett Hunter who is a smart decision maker, but I think Tyrone's biggest attribute this year is their line. Especially defensive line. They will eat you up! Tyrone is a very balanced team and a matchup against MU would be a fun game to see
"Hard work pays off, dreams do come true. Bad times don't last, but Bad Guys do!"
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

I can also vouch for the Tyrone DL play...very, very good!
You play to win the game!!!
spikes
Junior
Junior

Post by spikes »

I'm sure Tyrone is all that you guys keep saying. What I don't quite grasp is Tyrone BARELY beat Bellwood. Bellwood had a chance to win it. I'm sure Tyrone has gotten better along with Bellwood as the season has progressed. Mount Union pretty much had there way with Bellwood. If they wouldn't of played so sloppy in the first half it would of been a major blow out. How do you guys feel that Tyrone will make MU play their game? What's your reasoning for thinking that Mount Union can't match up with Tyrone?
PsuDfense30
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by PsuDfense30 »

Even coming from someone who doesn't live in BA or Tyrone, you can't judge much from that game. For both schools, it's Yankees/Red Sox, Michigan/Ohio St, Steelers/Ravens, both teams bring absolutely everything to that game. Not saying you can't get anything from it, but I wouldn't take away too much from such a rivalry game.
Eaglealum
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Eaglealum »

On paper, MU should be the favorite. We'll see if they get a chance to play.
"Don't argue with stupid people; they'll drop you to their level and beat you with experience."
.... A. Einstein