A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Chiefwapum
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

West Pac Week 6

Post by Chiefwapum »

West Pac Week Six Predictions: YTD 21-4

Shade (2-3) @ Conemaugh Township (2-3)

This game should be a low scoring affair as both teams rely on the ground game. Shade is coming off
A good showing at Portage and appears to be getting better each and every week. CT on the other hand
Lost to BLV and their playoff picture is starting to fade a bit. They need 2 more wins and with Portage next week they may be in a must win situation the last two weeks of the season.

Prediction Shade 21-14

Windber (2-3) @ Meyersdale (5-0)

Meyersdale is on a roll and Windber is rolling downhill. Similar to the above mentioned, Windber will need to win two more games and looking at their schedule I am not sure they have the horses to get to the post season.

Prediction Meyersdale 42-0

Ferndale (0-5) @ Portage (5-0)

No words for this one

Prediction Portage 56-0 (At Half)

North Star (2-3) @ Berlin (4-1)

Berlin should have their starters out by the half.

Prediction Berlin 42-0

Black Lick Valley (2-3) @ Conemaugh Valley (1-4)

Two teams struggling to find their identity. BLV is much closer and have been playing decent ball as of late. With a couple young running backs it appears BLV starting to head in the right direction. CV appears to be getting a bit better and with the young team they have will have a better future ahead of them.

Prediction BLV 28-14
peytonsaturday
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: West Pac Week 6

Post by peytonsaturday »

Shade only by one score over CT?
west33
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by west33 »

Ct at home on homecoming can get a team fired up. Home field advantage with homecoming is big! Look at portage at shades homecoming last week. On any given night!
peytonsaturday
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by peytonsaturday »

Good call on the CT Shade game.
west33
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by west33 »

Doesn't always work, but did for shade last week vs portage! Guess ct doesn't have anything this year! Like I said shade is a qb away from being undefeated from a good pee-wee program that jump started them! Nobody is perfect with predictions, but sometimes teams take others for granted! On any given day!!!
PortagePride
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by PortagePride »

west33 wrote:Doesn't always work, but did for shade last week vs portage! Guess ct doesn't have anything this year! Like I said shade is a qb away from being undefeated from a good pee-wee program that jump started them! Nobody is perfect with predictions, but sometimes teams take others for granted! On any given day!!!
Portage also had two personal foul penalties and two pass interference penalties, THREE of them on 4th down that kept Shade drives alive. The Mustangs also had the turnover on the first drive of the game inside the their own 25 on the INT when the QB got hit and the ball popped in the air. Personally the combo of coming off the big showdown "High" of the Berlin game the week before and the mistakes really let the Panthers hang around and almost stole one. Don't get me wrong or get it twisted here, I think Shade is a good team that could have beat Portage that night and their program in the last two years has really made great strides and I'm happy for them. The Panthers will be a sneaky team again in the playoff's and could surprise a team for sure.
cleaverstuart
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by cleaverstuart »

I was wondering who Portage picked up for week 10, I don't see it listed on other sites? thanks.
PortagePride
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by PortagePride »

cleaverstuart wrote:I was wondering who Portage picked up for week 10, I don't see it listed on other sites? thanks.
cleaverstuart - The WestPac is doing a defacto "Championship Game" Week 10. The #1 and #2 teams in the conference will play each other that week at the home field of the #1 team. As of right now Portage, Meyersdale and Berlin all are fighting for those two spots with the Mustangs being in the drivers seat of securing a spot with their previous win against the Mountaineers. However a lot should play out as in the next two weeks Meyersdale travels to Berlin next week and then hosts the Mustangs the week after.