Shareef Blough ejection

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Shareef Blough ejection

Post by Manfred »

So now what happens to the dipstick who made the bogus call? Probably absolutely nothing. As far as naming them? These same officials are multi-sport officials. You can't help but see some of them 1/2 doz. times a year, in 3 sports. Many of them you/ we have known for years. They all make mistakes, some several times a game. Some should retire because they can't see 10 feet in front of themselves, or move faster than a waddle.
It ain't over until it's over.
PortagePride
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by PortagePride »

youngbuck wrote:Spoke to FH assistant today
Tape was reviewed no punches were thrown he is eligible next week
It's not that easy....Once he appeals it with District 6 they will review it and deem him eligible or not for next week. Unless by some swiftness that I've never seen from D6 they did this all within the last 22 hours ???
Eaglealum
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Eaglealum »

I don't have a dog in this race. I'll throw my two cents out there. I look at high school sports as what they are. Great tools to build and enhance student athletes as people. They can bring communities together and mean a whole lot more to a bunch of folks. I know it's hard to find officials just because of the idiots in the stands. However, they too need to be accountable. If a kid under 18 can be talked about in papers and on boards... Then someone making $ off of them can be talked about. I've seen some horrendous officiating and being told one thing from an evaluator, and "the putz in question" being more or less rewarded a few weeks later. I say grill the ones that deserve it.
"Don't argue with stupid people; they'll drop you to their level and beat you with experience."
.... A. Einstein
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

:ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: EagleAlum for President! He GETS it!
It ain't over until it's over.
reugenev
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by reugenev »

Most high school officiating ranges from terrible to incompetent. Who's going to replace these guys you're firing?
Crimsoncrush67
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Crimsoncrush67 »

Like Eagle i have no dog in the race, but.... This has gone to the point of non sense. Here are people on this board who won't sign there name to anything asking for the names of high school football officials.
Eaglealum
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Eaglealum »

reugenev wrote:Most high school officiating ranges from terrible to incompetent. Who's going to replace these guys you're firing?
I didn't say fire em. I said use their names the same as the players. Might make a few self conscious enough to not be arrogant about being a terd
"Don't argue with stupid people; they'll drop you to their level and beat you with experience."
.... A. Einstein
SportsFan04
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by SportsFan04 »

There's been a few specific threads bashing coaches and now this one is turning to bashing officials. Instead of sitting in the stands or sitting at home typing and complaining about how bad everyone is at everything, why don't some of you get out there and try your hand. There is a need for officials in the d5/6 region and you're never going to put pressure on the bad ones because there's not enough replacements. I've seen people on here bashing the McCort coaches among others, if they are that bad why not apply for the job. Maybe you can do better. Sitting on a forum bashing does not help the problem. It may be a good topic of conversation but most of you are not willing to help the problem only to sit here and talk about it.
OutsideLookingIn
Freshman
Freshman

Post by OutsideLookingIn »

Crimsoncrush67 wrote:?..Here are people on this board who won't sign there name to anything asking for the names of high school football officials.
DING DING we have a winnnnnnnnner!
billmurray
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by billmurray »

wow......REALLY PEOPLE? It's high school football for goodness sakes....The refs aren't retiring on what they make. move on. the call happened, mistake or not, it happened. I've seen good crews, bad ones, good one having bad nights, bad ones having good nights......but again.....IT'S HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL. What do you teach the players when you question every call made by referees? You tell them it happened, learn from it.